Feeding Of The 5000 Review

crass: Feeding Of The 5000
Released: 1978
Label: Crass
Genres: Hardcore Punk, Punk, Anarchist Punk
With a band such as this, that might indeed be the point, but it doesn't make for lasting art.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.5
 9.2
 9.8
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Feeding Of The 5000 Reviewed by: newyorkdolls138, on september 25, 2005

Sound: Like most punk bads, there isn't enough money to make a spectacular sounding record. With the sound quality aside, the band's feel is great. The album has a few creepy spoken tracks which are very well done and get the message across rather well. Overall the sound is very good. // 8

Lyrics: Crass' lyrics are amazing. Songs like "Asylum" and "Women" are very well written. "Asylum" has ends with line: "Jesus died for his sins, not mine". "Do They Owe Us A Living?" is one of the most memorable punk songs ever written. Overall the lyrics are great, with some genious as well. // 9

Overall Impression: "Feeding Of The 5000" is a must have for any punk enthusiast, and for anyone else willing to get out of their comfort zone. "Do They Owe Us A Living?" is the best song on the album, although they are all great. There isn't much to complain about with "FOT5000." If it was stolen, I would probably buy it again. // 9

Feeding Of The 5000 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 28, 2007

Sound: The sound is great, of coarse it's not going to be clear, Crass were DIY (Do It Youself). They recorded with their own studio (Crass records) and overall this is a really great track, the rhythms are good and some songs sound sloppy, but that makes it even more unique. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are very powerful, with Steve Ignorant, and Eve Libertine as lead vocals, it is incredible sounding. And the lyrics are so anti-capitalist you wouldn't imagine. This band is a true anarcho band and I would like to say it is my favorite. Crass always truely expresses their hate, with todays corrupt society, and I think this is as good as punk gets. // 10

Overall Impression: This is not my favorite crass album, but it was one of my favorites. Some of the best songs on the album are asylum, banned from the roxy, and do they owe us a living. All of the songs are great but those are my favorite on the album, a good little chant song, it's about 30 minutes long, is fight war not wars. one of crass' signature sayings. this album is truely terrific, I don't hate anything on it. I agree with their views, but if you are some type of political person, you would disagree with them, because they speak of true anarchy. If I lost this album iw ould definatly buy it again. // 10

More Crass reviews rating latest review
+ Christ The Album 8.9 11/10/2004