New Religion Review

crazy lixx: New Religion
Released: Mar 19, 2010
Genre: Melodic Hard / Glam
Label: Frontiers Records
The album is probably what you would get if you crossed Def Leppard with Motley Crue and Skid Row.
 9.5
 8.9
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
New Religion Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 06, 2011

Sound: Many bands are trying to bring back glam metal, Reckless love, Dirty Penny and crashdiet to name a few. To me Crazy Lixx stand out the most. With screaming guitars and powerful vocals they feel as if they are straight from the 80's. Released in 2010, New religion is their second album, it features the original band and new guitarist Andy Dawson. The album is clearly influenced by 80's bands such as skid row. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrically the album is vague and covers many topics. As The album opens we get numerous hard rock songs with a typical hard rock attitude. Amongst these inspiring songs are power ballads such as children of the cross. Danny Rexons singing fits the music perfectly. You can hear hints of his Swedish accent which adds to the effect. // 10

Overall Impression: The album is probably what you would get if you crossed def leppard with motley crue and skid row. Is is most apparent in My Medicine (R.O.C.K). If I had to choose a favourite song from this album it would have to be The witching hour. Or Rock and a hard place. Or Voodoo Woman. Or Lock up your Daughter, Or blame it on Love. OK I can't choose they are all excellent songs. // 10

More Crazy Lixx reviews rating latest review