Greatest Hits Review

creed: Greatest Hits
Released: Nov 23, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Post-Grunge, Alternative Pop/Rock
It may not be timeless music, but Greatest Hits does gather all the noteworthy Creed tracks for those who care.
 9.5
 9.4
 9.5
Greatest Hits Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 03, 2005

Sound: The sound is Creed all the way. Duh it's 13 of the same tracks we've already heard. The audio of the 9 videos on the bonus DVD is exactly the same. The standout is the 3 live videos of "Torn," "Higher," and "Weathered". Creed has an awesome live sound no matter where they're playing. Tremonti plays so much better than on the recordings and Stapp gets into it with the crowd. // 10

Lyrics: Once again, it's the same tracks we've heard already with the same lyrics. Scott Stapp just has a way of writing from his soul about personal experiences that so many people can relate to. The lyrics are always so uplifting, no matter how they come out. They always fit perfectly with the music of the band. His voice is just in a league of its own (unless you're Eddie Vedder). // 10

Overall Impression: It's not the best as far as greatest hits albums go. There's no new songs, no rarities or b-sides, just 13 tracks from there 3 albums. The DVD is a definite plus with all nine videos and 3 live videos. It would have been nice to see some of their other recordings on the CD, like "Bound And Tied", "I'm Eighteen", "Is This The End", "Young Grow Old", and "To Whom It May Concern". It's just an average greatest hits album. If you own all of their CDs, I wouldn't recomend getting this one. If not then I recomend just getting all of their CDs. Some of their best songs were never released as singles, so why not? The only bonus is the DVD that has all of their videos on it. If I lost this CD, I would not buy another one just because I already have all of their songs on the other albums. // 6

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: guitarista_727, on march 04, 2006

Sound: Ok, we all know that Creed disbanded and most of its members formed Alter Bridge. I'm doing this review as if I've never heard of Alter Bridge before, so there's no bias against Creed. Ok, Creed has one of the greatest guitarists that was able to turn his hands into a pair worthy of high-caliber guitar glory. Mark Tremonti has great originality in rhythm and his skill adds to that. Scott Philipps also played the drums well and affects the mood of the whole song. // 10

Lyrics: Scott Stapp has a baritone voice well suited for this genre of music. His lyrics blend well with their music and rhythm and escaped the main theme revolving around love during the time where many rock artists and boy bands stick to that. Creed's overall theme in their lyrics stands out. // 10

Overall Impression: Ok, despite Alter Bridge being far superior than Creed, the latter has made a great impact in music. Like I mentioned earlier, they concentrated on other issues in their songs during the time when love was a common theme in the other artists' songs. Also, being a Greatest Hits, this song does have the greatest hits Creed has ever played. However, with Mark Tremonti's passion for a different feel of music, odds are we won't hear these songs played live again. // 10

More Creed reviews rating latest review
+ Acoustics & Rarities 8.6 03/07/2012