Human Clay Review

9.2
 9.2
 9.1
Human Clay Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 21, 2003

Sound: Mark Tremonti is one of my favorite guitarists for his ability to write original guitar licks that I doubt will be forgoteen by any Creed fan now and in the future. These are definitely songs that we will hear on radio stations for a very very long time. // 10

Lyrics: Scott Stapp is one of the most talented lyricists out there. I applaude how he can take heartfelt, reflective lyrics and combine them with Mark's loud, heavy music and turn Creed into one lean, mean rock machine. // 10

Overall Impression: I must really complement Creed on their ability to make awesome rock records. I have a really hard time deciding which of their three albums is my favorite, though. My favorite songs are Higher, With Arms Wide Open, What If, Say I, Never Die, Wash Away Those Years, and Inside Us All. I really like Scott Stapp's reflective lyrics that go perfectly with Mark Tremonti's heavy, wild, crunchy guitars. I really wish he would put in more guitar solos, though. If this album were lost or stolen, I would definitely go out and buy it again. It is well worth every cent. // 10

Human Clay Reviewed by: SRVGuitarFreak, on november 28, 2003

Sound: The sound on this album in my opinion is not as good as Weathered, but it is still very creative, and Creed-like. The guitar work is not boring, or just all chords, all the riffs have a different sound, not like you're hearing the same song 11 times in a row. // 8

Lyrics: Now for lyrics, I thought Scott Stapp did an awesome job! They are very deep, and true. I really like the lyrics to "Beautiful". They are so true. "wash away those years" is a good song to abused women. "Faceles Man" is my favorite, very deep and spiritual (that's the way it comes across to me) and I just love the guitar work alonge with the lyrics. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall not my favorite Creed album but it is definetly good enough to buy, If stolen, definetly, I would go spend another $13 for it anyday. You can really see how they are maturing from this album, opposed to the last album (My own prison) and they have gotten even better with Weathered, really talented musicians, I look foward to there new album coming out in the fall of '04. Go get this album, you won't regret it! // 8

Human Clay Reviewed by: Blaze Wyble, on june 14, 2004

Sound: The sound is simply amazing! Mark Tremonti beautifully orchestrates the work as a guitarist, and the energy felt within Scott Stapp's powerful vocals are also great. You feel the energy of uplifting tracks such as 'Higher' and 'Are you ready'. While listening you feel as though you are taking a journey through a place which is overwhelming, yet welcoming simultaneously. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are really on a personal level. I feel as though everybody is capable of relating to them, and that always draws me more inward to the singer. Not to mention Scott's powerful vocal performance. 'With Arms Wide Open' are one of the better lyrical pieces in this album. A track in which Stapp discusses the coming of his newborn son, which he and Tremonti wrote together. // 10

Overall Impression: The sound and lyrics are both wonderful. I recomend that everyone who enjoys rock purchase this album. Tremonti and Stapp are a great collaboration, and it's a shame that Creed has broken up. As fans look forward to a return of Creed, many look back at the great albums which they have left us. My overall impression of this album is legendary. // 10

Human Clay Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 07, 2005

Sound: I bought Human Clay while I was at Wal-Mart, looking at video games. I walked by the music rack, and saw the album. I turned it over and looked at the back. I saw that it was the album that had "With Arms Wide Open" on it so I bought it and it sat in the glove box in my car for a few weeks. The I finally opened it and popped it in. Amazing! I loved it! The sound, lyrics and the singers voice flow perfectly together. It has a dark feel to it, but not one that's satanic. It has a very good unieque sound to it. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrics - the best part of the album. Every song speaks to you in some way, even if you don't really know what he's reffering to in his lyrics. Nearly every song has a very deep meaning to it. My favorite song on the album is 'Beautiful'. I don't really know what it is about. One would assume that it is about a woman in his life, but I think it has a deeper meaning. Like his struggle with sin, maybe. Creed seems to have a lot of Christian referinces in their lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is one of my favorite, definatly. Beautiful was my favorite followed by With Arms Wide Open, Higher, and Wash Away Those Years. I would definatly but it again. // 10

Human Clay Reviewed by: cradleoffilth, on september 25, 2005

Sound: The sound on this CD is fantastic. Also the used instruments and the way of using them are very well done. The acoustic intro of 'What if' with the electric guitar effects into electric guitar is very good work. 'With Arms Wide Open' is the song with the best guitar sound: not too loud, but very silenced to a 60% level and in the chorus 100%. // 7

Lyrics: All the lyrics are based on things that happen in real live. Such as 'Count down to the change in life that's soon to come' (Are You Ready) and 'It seems my live is going to change' (With Arms Wide Open). The songs are all written by Mark Tremonti and Scott Stapp. Scott's voice sound is just amazing. // 8

Overall Impression: Human Clay compares a bit with their other album Weathered, but is much better. The songs on Wheatered are not so good like the ones on this CD. Are You Ready and Beatiful are my favorite songs on this album. I love the CD-cover of this album. What I hate: the volume level of the bass-guitar could be much much louder! If it were lost or stolen, I certainly will get it back! // 9

Human Clay Reviewed by: Stonewall X, on august 28, 2006

Sound: Mark Tremonti is a guitar genius. Very few guitarists today have the ability to make something that's heavy and crunchy, but then goes softer and very creepy sounding. The best example of this is Say I. Tremonti also has amazking ability to make it heavy, yet also melodic and beautiful, like Higher, With Arms Wide Open and Inside Us All. And he can even do all three of these things (Heavy, creepy, and beautiful), like on Wash Away Those Years, and Faceless Man. I just wish there were some more guitar solos on the album. I also wish that Tremonti would use drop D a little less. // 9

Lyrics: Scott Stapp has an awesome voice. He writes from his heart and soul and performs from his heart and soul, especially on this album. This is one of the cases where the singer, the lyrics, and the music all blend perfectly with each other. Lyrically, this is Creed's strongest album. // 10

Overall Impression: I really owe a lot to this album because it was the album that got me into hard rock music and eventually, heavy metal. I wouldn't have picked up a guitar if it weren't for Mark Tremonti. Altogether, this is Creed's best album. This is one of the rare cases where I love every song on the album. As I said earlier, there just two things that would have made this album even better than it is, and those are more guitar solos and less drop D, although some songs would have sounded vastly different had he used standard. This album started my rock and metal interest. It's been in my collection longer than any CD I've listened to, and it won't leave. I would be disappointed if I lost it or it got stolen and I would definitely buy it again. // 10

Human Clay Reviewed by: Caleb Weyant, on june 10, 2008

Sound: The sound of this album is amazing. The guitars blended with the the perfect Bass tone make a great couple. the sounds in Are you ready, What If?, Beautiful, and Wrong way is edgy and grungy. Mark Tremonti made a certain growl on the guitar which fits well with the drums. I think the title of the album gets from that as human we are getting more and more, pollished and perfect: If we show any diiference we are outcasted. The bassist Brian Marshall fingerpicks near the bridge on the bass and it gives the tone of a low jazzy feeling that fits well in the Song What If's bass solo. The song Higher is by far the best song on tyhe album. The bass and guitar mix perfectly in the verses to create a harmonie in between them. // 9

Lyrics: Scott Stapp really pump deep thought int these lyrics, He used analodgies to describe troubles in the US. The lyrics get a bunch of Christian influence. Stapp really stepped up in his singing capability this record. The lyrics fit in very well with the music especialy in Higher, Are You Ready?, and What if? // 10

Overall Impression: this album is by far the best album I have ever listened to. What If, Are you ready, Beautiful, Say I, And Higher are the b the best songs on the3 record. I would by this album again and again. I love the bass tone in this record the best and the way the lyrics flow with the bass. // 10

More Creed reviews rating latest review
+ Acoustics & Rarities 8.6 03/07/2012