Weathered Review

9.5
 9.7
 9.3
Weathered Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 21, 2003

Sound: Mark Tremonti strikes again with noteable guitar riffs. However, on this record, he uses a number of other tunings aside from his commonly used Drop-D tuning. For this record, he uses Open D, Open Bb, and he tunes the guitar down a whole step on a couple songs. // 10

Lyrics: Scott Stapp's lyrics, once again, go perfectly with Mark's guitars. On this record, though, Scott takes a slight departure from his usual songwriting style. For this album, it seems like he writes his lyrics on some songs with more of a combination of his usual lyrics about self-reflection and a more romantic style. However, in the end, the meaning of the song is determined by the fan who listens to it. I still enjoy this record as well as the others. // 10

Overall Impression: This album compares very well with Human Clay and My Own Prison. The most notable songs on this record are My Sacrifice, Bullets, One Last Breath, Lullaby, Who's Got My Back?, and Don't Stop Dancing. As with the other Creed albums, I enjoy the excellent compliance of Scott's moving lyrics and Mark's heavy guitars. Again, I really think there should be more guitar solos, though. If someone stole it, I'd let them keep it because it's an incredible album, but yes, I would immediately go and buy another copy. Yes, it is wort the money. // 10

Weathered Reviewed by: Emenius Sleepus, on march 10, 2004

Sound: The third effort from the most loved and hated band in the genre of rock has shut all the critics up, leaving them with nothing to complain about. Despite frequent comparisons to Pearl Jam, anyone that does not employ the power of a hearing aid knows that the two sound entirely different. That bit over and done with, "Weathered" is an outstanding album, that takes the listener on a journey. Starting off with a skull-crushing distortion of Bullets and Freedom Fighter, it slowly cools off, giving the impression of suddenly being caught up in a violent storm and surviving, pulling through and healing wounds afterwards in a calm safe environment. The guitar work is good, with original and melodic riffs (for some reason with a lot of bands you get one but not the other, whichever quality it is). Bullets and Freedom Fighter make the guitar sound like those things they were looking for in Iraq. Stand Here With Me brings out the shredding, My Sacrifice and One Last Breath are those cigarette-lighter wielding tracks, and Lullaby is something that you'd listen to to go to sleep, as the name suggests (same effect as sitting a maths class, but beats it any day). // 8

Lyrics: Lyrics are filled with meaning, and Scott Stapp is definitely the right guy for the job, even if his voice is in a similar vocal range as Eddie Vedder's. It's powerful, melodic, very wide-ranged and just damn brilliant. He is also a great songwriter. // 10

Overall Impression: Basically a summary of what Creed is about. Almost like a greatest hits package. So I'd definitely replace it if something happened to it. While it mostly sticks to Creed's basic philosophy, it is a great album. My only problem with it is the departure of Brian Marshall, the bass player. Maybe he wanted different things or something, but he was definitely the right guy for it, and he is a great bass player. Mark, with all my due respect to him, should stick to guitar. The bass lines are a bit simplistic and obvious. Apart from that, an outstanding achievement. // 8

Weathered Reviewed by: Kutless, on march 30, 2004

Sound: The sound is great. Mark Tremontti is awesome on the guitar as usual. They start out with 2 hard Rock songs, "bullets" and "Freedom Fighter." Then they slow it down with "Who's got my back" just to rock just as hard on "signs" as the first two. Then comes "one last breath" with starts out really slow with Mark Tremontii playing a really cool riff. The rest of the cd follows the same pattern. It's the best sounding creed cd yet. // 10

Lyrics: "Bullets" asks no to judge someone till you know them. "Who's got my back" asks for someone to back them up in the hard times. "Signs" talks about seeing the signs of our society falling. "One Last breath" talks about the singer reaching out to a higher power in times of need. "My sacrifice" talks about the sacrifice stapp makes while on the road and he's away from his son. "Stand Here WIth Me" thanks a friend for teaching them the right way to go. "Weathered" finds a soul ready to commit suicide, but then decides to fight. All of the lyrics ono this album are great. Scott stapp's voice is good. He still sounds a lot like Dave Mathews, but I like it. // 10

Overall Impression: This is their best album. The music is much better on this album. The best songs are "Bullets," "Signs," and "Hide." I love Mark Tremontii's guitar playing. Everyone needs to buy this album. // 10

Weathered Reviewed by: Guitarplaya27, on january 12, 2006

Sound: Of cours Tremonti and Stapp make Creed. Creed is still one of the most loved bands at my school and everyone know them. The guitar work by Tremonti is very great. I'm going to give a review on some of my favorite songs. One Last Breath - one of the most beautiful songs ever created. The riff is the greatest. There is some symphony to make the song a whole lot better. The distortion part sounds super great. My Sacrifice - another great song, this song is filled with power chords, but there is something to this song that makes you turn your head when you listen to it. Stand Here With Me - a very cool and great sounding rif throughout the song. Tremonti showed what the can do all over the fret board in this song. He even got a solo in their to prove it. Hide - a very touching beginning riff then moves to another riff that mixes in with the chords. Don't Stop Dancing - another beautiful song that has a ton of chords and power chords. Lullaby - Tremonti and Stapp. Tremonti plays a kind of lullaby that very soft and Stapp sings at his best. // 10

Lyrics: Scott Stapp, what can I say, probably the best voice. The lyrics are very inspirational and have the meaning of life. In Lullaby he is saying that beofre he passes away he wants to express his love to the world. In One Last Breath he is basically saying that he is about to have his last breath and he is not thiknig of the pain. In My Sacrifice he is talking about how he meeting God and how he wants to talk about his Life. Stand Here With Me talks about how he wants to keep his memories with his friends and how he loves them. In Hide he is talking about why are e hiding away from our fears and that we should stand up to them. He is also sayin that he wants to fly somehere that there is no reason to hide. In Don't Stop Dancing, he is saying that you must be strong through life and keep on going. he is telling the children that they should not back down and hide. Life is hard, thats the moral. // 10

Overall Impression: I compare this to The Great Divide, Scott Stapp in the great divide needs a little more of himself, he needs to let go of Creed but dont destroy them. The best album! // 10

More Creed reviews rating latest review
+ Acoustics & Rarities 8.6 03/07/2012