Your Lies In Check Review

Label: E.U. '91 Produzioni
Genres: Grindcore
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Your Lies In Check Reviewed by: enterlude, on november 01, 2007

Sound: I can't believe it's been three years since this band hit these shores. That was a highlight in my grindcore history. Right off the plane from Italy and absolutely owned when they blistered through their set on their first date of that tour. I missed the original first release and actually many of them. But I know my brother owns most or all of them, so it's not far from reach to hear them. A welcome re-release of their very first record that has not seen the light of day for the past ten years. I don't know what the original pressing would go for on eBay, but I'm not that obsessive anymore. I don't have the need to own every original pressing known to man. Before me is the music. Music that is currently one of my preferred choice at the moment. I guess my inner anger needs feeding. This is food for my scarred soul. Sixty-nine songs of pure hate in fourty-nine minutes. Grindcore of vile screams, guttural bellows and a lot of yelling. Music that is short, fast and to the point. Slow parts that are heavy and dirgey, showing no signs of fun. It's no wonder that these maniacs from Italy have a large underground following and have continued on for over ten years. Not everybody can do grindcore. It's not an easy genre to like. But done right, it seems like the right soundtrack for those sour moods. This is that good and the live experience is even better. If your idea of grindcore is a band like Cannibal Corpse. Forget that. To me, this seems so much more real and alive. // 8

Lyrics: This is one f--king mental release from Crime Against Humanity Records and it's one for all you fans of grindcore. There's 69 tracks in all and all as fast as f--k, kinda remind me of a more extreme Napalm Death (Scum Period). Musically this album doesn't do anything for me but these do come across as one of the better bands from the Grindcore scene. What I like are the well written lyrics and how they are delivered. The vocalist is well aggressive sounding and delivers them well. This maybe a re-issue but Nick Carroll always does an excellent job with presentation and if you're a fan of this scene you should be supporting this guy and his label. // 8

Overall Impression: This is probably the hardest grindcore album I have ever heard, and this album is too underated. Sure it may have 69 tracks on but there all killer really, the best song has got to be Being Ripped Off, it has all the qualitys to be the next Scum Or Circle Of Hypocrisy. The boys from Cripple Bastards have definatley out done themselves with this album though. // 8

Comments