Equilibrium Review

crowbar: Equilibrium
Released: Mar 7, 2000
Genre: Sludge Metal
Label: Spitfire Records
"Equilibrium" is the sixth studio album by American sludge metal band Crowbar.
 9.4
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Equilibrium Reviewed by: the buzzard, on april 17, 2014

Sound: The vocalist (Kirk Winstein) can sing a bit and shows it on other albums as well as this one. It is rare that he sings but for the most part the dude has this scream type of style that isn't really screaming but I sounds like it. The only reason I know this is because this is what I do on some of my vocals. On the instrument part he is also the rhythm guitarist and plas Jackson guitars, I love these guitars, always have good experiences playing them except for one, the knobs are always too close to the bridge with has been the case of EVERY guitar I've ever owned with very few ding it right. I know some people love to have their knobs close so they can have quick access, but for me when I strum my fingers run into the knobs, usually the volume knob and guess what happens then? The volume get turned down and by the time I'm halfway done playing a song the volume is gone. Yes it is a problem with controlling your hand movement but when I get into my playing I beat the sh-t out of my guitar, lol. So I have to buy thick strings. As a whole the band always impresses me, their riffs, their changing speed and their ultra slow sludge style just kicks so much a-s. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are usually short but very deep. He touches on many subjects. The lyrics are usually about as dark as the music, there really isn't that much to say here so I'm just going to write a bunch of bullsh-t cause this is what I'm doing right now, bullsh-t. So what are you guys planning when society falls? Are you gonna join the copsin rounding us all up to the camps? Or will you join the rebels and fight the system from the corruption that has been slowly coming down on us lately, and more so now in the past few years than before. // 9

Overall Impression: Hell no. This will be my favorite band forever. Songs like "To Touch the Hand of God," "The Lasting Dose," "Planets Collide," "All I Had I Gave." I have so far not found one album that I had to skip a song or fast forward through. I have bought every album at least 3 to 4 times each over the years, due to scratching or getting stolen or broken. Oh so I have to write a f--king term paper here huh? Ok I can listen to this band all f--king goddamn day, rain sun flood snowstorm meteor showers goat stampedes earthquakes holographic moons flaming sheets of ice and a f--king liquor store on the corner so I can get wasted and jam to more of my damn Crowbar albums ohhhhhhh yeahhhh! The macho man Randy Savage is on the case and it's time to snap into it! // 10

More Crowbar reviews rating latest review
+ Time Heals Nothing 9.4 08/03/2012