And Then You'll Beg Review

8.9
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
And Then You'll Beg Reviewed by: pollopitres, on june 30, 2011

Sound: After finishing the album was a genre that had never reached such heights ("Whisper Supremacy"), Cryptopsy squeeze again to finish the gender of the Technical/Brutal Death Metal with "And Then You'll Beg". The sound of this album is extremely technical and brutal, marking the best album we can find Technical/Brutal Death Metal. The guitars are fast, Jon Levasseur and Alex Auburn know how to get a sound overwhelming. Eric Langlois (bass player), this album is capable of playing like a guitar, fast and perfect, with a sound that only Eric Langlois Knows. DiSalvo is the only thing that changes nothing. His voice remains the same as the "Whisper Supremacy". Flo Mounier, plays in a more fast and technical. In general, sound is almost perfect. // 9

Lyrics: Not innovate much from their previous album, but get better lyric. DiSalvo's voice is exactly the same as the "Whisper Supremacy", equally hard to understand about the "Whisper Supremacy". Trying to find errors in DiSalvo, is difficult. In general, the lyric is good, but difficult to understand, and DiSalvo's voice is hard to understand but their voices are more understandable than Lord Worm. // 8

Overall Impression: Cryptopsy get to your goal, create the best album of Technical/Brutal Death Metal. If the "Whisper Supremacy", was the pioneer of this genre album, "And Then You'll Beg" the above in all respects to the "Whisper Supremacy", and proclaims, best album Technical/Brutal Death Metal. If you follow this genre, this album should get mandatory. The best songs are "...And Then It Passes", "My Prodigal Sun", "Back To The Worms" (this song is re-edited the "Ungentle Exhumation" and gets converted Old School Death Metal, has Technical/Brutal Death Metal), and Shroud. The worst thing we can we will find on this album is the intro to the song "Screams Go Unheard" is a stupid and worthless intro. Also, I think, the song "We Bleed", is not a very good song. // 9

More Cryptopsy reviews rating latest review
+ None So Live 4.2 07/06/2011