Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus Review

dark funeral: Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus
Released: Nov 18, 2009
Genre: Black Metal
Label: Regain Records
It is not suitable for the casual listener, I am afraid that only veterans of black metal will enjoy the album.
 8.5
 8.3
 8.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus Reviewed by: krvolok, on march 24, 2010

Sound: Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus is definitely a major step for the band, it is a peak of what you can do with black metal without crossing into the progressive style of the genre, like the previous album all lyrics are written by Emperor Magnus Caligula and the music by Lord Ahriman and Chaq Mol. The songs do vary, but all have that Dark Funeral feel to them, 01."End Of The Human Race": a nice opening song, dynamic, a classic Dark Funeral Song 02. "The Birth Of The Vampiir": it has it moments but it is boring 03. "Stigmata": excellent song, opens a great riff and chanted growls, it has a good lead in the middle. 04. "My Funeral": my favorite, it is a slower paced song, dissonant with a melodic break. 05. "Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus": more or less a standard black metal song, a bit disappointing since it is the title song of the album. 06. "Demons Of Five": again a more slower paced song with a more than decent solo. 07. "Declaration Of Hate": is like "End Of The Human Race" a good, dynamic song. 08. "In My Dreams": another slower, semi melodic-semi dissonant song, great lyrics. 09. "My Latex Quee": a nice sex driven song to end the album. // 8

Lyrics: Despite the major grammatical errors in the latin titles, the lyrics are good, and better still is the vocal arrangement, shrieks and growls combination give a lot of texture to the over all sound. The themes mostly concern misanthropy and anti religious views. I always liked Dark Funeral's lyrics and the ones on this album live up to my expectations. // 8

Overall Impression: The predecessor, "Attera Totus Sanctus" was at best a half witted attempt to make an album, "Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus" is not, it is a return, maybe not as glorious as Immortal's "All Shall Fall" but none the less a leap in the right direction, there are however a couple of boring songs that damage it. The other thing is that it is not suitable for the casual listener, I am afraid that only veterans of black metal will enjoy the album. This is, along with Behemoth's Evangelion and Immortal's All Shall Fall, my favorite album of 2009. // 9

More Dark Funeral reviews rating latest review