Say Goodnight To The World Review

dax riggs: Say Goodnight To The World
Released: Aug 3, 2010
Genre: Rock
Label: Fat Possum
Dax strikes again in his latest recording "Say Goodnight to the World".
 9.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Say Goodnight To The World Reviewed by: trevdog318, on november 29, 2010

Sound: Dax strikes again in his latest recording "Say Goodnight to the World". First I would like to say that the sound or shall I say recording seem like it lacked something. The album was a definite throwback to his Deadboy and the Elephantmen days. It is a great Dax album but having been to several shows and hearing the songs live before owning the album, it seems like something was lost. // 10

Lyrics: Dax's voice is as good as ever, and lyricaly he actually went a little darker if you can belive that. The music and lyrics flow well together. It has a very retro garage sound that I loved. It kinda of reminded me of a Velvet Underground type album. Dax plays the songs with more energy and distortion live so I highly suggest if he comes near you to pick up a ticket. It'll be a well spent 10 to 20 bucks. Just don't expect to hear a Acid Bath song. // 9

Overall Impression: As compared to his previous effort of we "Sing of Only Blood or Love" it's not quite up to that standard but it in no way disappoints. Highlights of the album include the title track "Say Goodnight to the World", his cover of "Heartbreak Hotel" was amazing, and I'm torn between "Let me be your Cigarette" and "See you in hell or New Orleans" as personal favorites. I love most of the songs but there is a couple that drags, and the one thing I hated about the album was it only has 10 tracks. // 8

More Dax Riggs reviews rating latest review