We Sing Of Only Blood Or Love Review

Genre: Blues-rock, Alternative rock
Label: Fat Possum
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
We Sing Of Only Blood Or Love Reviewed by: trevdog318, on november 19, 2010

Sound: It has a dark melodic and trippy sound. Its well written and his songs really stand on thier own. It gets heavy at times. The style of music reminds me of iggy pop and the stooges. But I wouldn't call it punk. Its a complete album from start to finish. No track skipping on this one. // 10

Lyrics: his lyrics are dark, siging alot about death and drugs, but it compliments his voice and style well. His ability as I singer (in my opion) is unparrelled. Only a few could keep up. As mentioned belore his lyrics are dark with paegon religious references with a focus on death. // 10

Overall Impression: "Living is sucide" really stands out "demon tied to a chair" is also a high piont but by far my favorite "forgot I was alive". I love his voice and lyrical content. I've seen him live twice so far this year and his shows are great. Live he's alot more up beat than on the album. If your not familar with him he was the lead singer of acid bath a sludge metal band from southern louisiana. He's fronted several bands since then but none have quite the sucess as acid bath. This is first solo record which was released in 2007. // 10

More Dax Riggs reviews rating latest review