The Warning Review

9.5
 8.9
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
The Warning Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 17, 2007

Sound: As compared to their last album, "Severance", Daysend really comes out in this album. The new vocalist, Mark McKernan, has a great scream, quite reminicient of Randy Blythe from Lamb Of God. But greater than that is his deep rich clean voice which he incorporates seamlessy into most of the songs. The guitar, done by Aaron Bilbija, is also heavy, chunky, and has great technical melodies that really add depth to the overall album. Drums are right up to and beyond par with uber fast and full trips. // 10

Lyrics: The vocals are simply amazing. In songs like "No Regrets" and "This is a Warning" Mckernan's ability as a vocalist really shine with rough growls and smooth choruses. The vocals along with the guitars and drums fit perfectly. Then on other songs like "Winter" and "Breathe It In" softer intrumentals and vocals are all in all, flawless. // 10

Overall Impression: As already stated the vocals sound a little like Lamb of God (at least the scream), but they really create thier own sound with "The Warning". "breathe it In" with the comibination of the catchy guitar and deep lyricas touched me most but others like "Scars Remain" with the bluesy guitar licks makes me really happy as well. I pretty much love the band and as of now have found nothing to hate. All I can say is that when, not if, they make another album it will be instantly added to my library. // 10

Comments