Frankenchrist Review

Released: 1985
Label: Alternative Tentacles
Genre: Rock
Styles: American Underground, Hardcore Punk, American Punk, Anarchist Punk
This wonderful and challenging album is very highly recommended.
 9.8
 9.5
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
Frankenchrist Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 01, 2005

Sound: Rockabilly, psychobilly, hardcore punk, and surf are all incorporated into the sound this record has. Overall the record has a revolutionary sound and it still sounds ahead of its time today. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are fiercely political and anti-establishment. Not for the conservative populace, except maybe to convert them. They are some of the finest in the history of punk and the entire repetoire of the Dead Kennedys. The music matches the lyrics perfectly. Jello Biafra's voice on this is top notch and better singing-wise than the two previous records. // 10

Overall Impression: One of the best punk albums by one of the best bands of all time. Much better than any current music in awhile. The standout songs would be; Soup Is Good Food, This Could Be Anywhere, Goons of Hazzard, MTV Get Off The Air, Jock-O-Rama, and The Stars and Stripes Of Corruption. I love everything about this album except for Hellnation, I hate that song because the music for it is awful. If it were stolen I would (verbally of course) beat the crap out of who stole it, then buy another one. It is most definitely worth buying. This album was so controversial that the dead kennedys went to court (under the guise of the controversial album artwork) for distributing harmful matters to minors. I'm a minor and I'm not harmed. // 10

Frankenchrist Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 29, 2005

Sound: The sound for this alum is probily the best of all there other CDs. But the guitar is amazing for this one. It is the only CD I have that uses that style. And I have alot. It goes perfict with Biafra. And bass is just thumping between slap and finger. I play bass and Klaus Flourde is like my idol. But anyways this great. // 8

Lyrics: Jello Biafra is one of the most talented vocalists and lyricsist I've ever heard. The lyrics make you think about stuff you never would have thought about before. They are on the boreder of insanity and genieous. He sings with great enthousiasm. It's almost deprissing and yet funny in a sarcastic type of way. It's mostly very political and makes so much sence it's not even funny. They as a band has enspired me and my friends to make musical fuison. And we are playing on halloween. Hell yeah! // 10

Overall Impression: This is probaly the best punk band there ever was. And probaly evr will be. Just the way the music is written and the way they play with Biafra's talented lyrics and his chatery voice there will never be another Dead Kennedys forever. // 9

More Dead Kennedys reviews rating latest review