Leprosy Review

death: Leprosy
Release Date: 1988
Label: Combat
Genres: Death Metal/Black Metal, Heavy Metal
Chuck Schuldiner gets even darker and bleaker on Leprosy, the follow-up to Death's long-awaited 1987 debut, Scream Bloody Gore.
 9.1
 8.7
 9.4
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
Leprosy Reviewed by: chocolame, on july 23, 2007

Sound: In my opinion this is one of Death's best albums. The bands sound in this album is very heavy and harsh. It is a fast paced album which I like coming from Death. This album is a mix of Thrash drumming and Death's very distinctive style of guitar, singing, and bass. The solos in this album are definately killer as well as all guitar parts. If you are a fan of Death and like to play their music I guarantee that you will like to play the songs on this album. In this album, Terry Butler did not play a single bass note on the album. Chuck stated in an interview that a lot of the material was too complicated for him, and that he let Butler take credit because they were close friends at the time. Chuck was the one that played bass on all of the Leprosy album. If you like Death then this is the album of theirs to buy! // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics in this album are a pretty good match for their style in this album. Chuck outdid himself on this album. He was singing, playing guitar, and playing bass(recording all at different times of course). When Chuck sings, there is no mistaking him for anyone else. His style is greater than ever and every Death fan will agree. // 8

Overall Impression: You can not compare Death to any other band however you can contrast. Chuck is the Godfather of Death Metal and no one else can compare to his band. The most impressive songs from this album are Born Dead, Pull The Plug, and Open Casket. The only thing about this album that I do not like is lack of bass in the sound. All tracks are great, but they just have too much treble. I would advise eveyone to buy this CD. If this CD was stolen or lost I would most definately buy it again without a shadow of a doubt. // 9

More Death reviews rating latest review
+ Human 9.5 09/26/2011