We Have The Facts And We're Voting Yes Review

death cab for cutie: We Have The Facts And We're Voting Yes
Release Date: Mar 21, 2000
Label: Barsuk
Genres: Indie Rock, Indie Pop
Loud and soft, or most of all both, and plenty of points in between, DCFC write and record finished songs that emote, that do more than merely fill a slot in a form in a preconceived genre.
 8.7
 7.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
We Have The Facts And We're Voting Yes Reviewed by: a_rush_of_blood, on january 14, 2006

Sound: Subtle? Yes. Boring? Never. Death Cab's sound evolves into an emotional and quiet display of Gibbard's powerful emotions evoked in the delicate and moody guitar and the subdued rhythm section. The sheer anger in Scientist Studies in direct opposite to the opener title track shows the range in this amazing album. We Have The Facts And We Are Voting Yes does not deviate in sound a great deal but the sound it sticks to is enchanting. // 10

Lyrics: Ben Gibbard's highly literate lyrics and honest delivery compliments the subtleties of the background. His lyrics range from a wedding (Company Calls and Company Calls Epilogue) and 405 which discusses alcoholism combined with the end of a relationship. Gibbard is a genius. // 10

Overall Impression: We Have The Facts And We Are Voting Yes is an excellent melancholy album for a rainy day. Anyone can relate to the themes disguised on there and the lo-fi indie sound is addictive. Get into this band now, ignore the OC appearances and everything because this is a true find. // 10

More Death Cab For Cutie reviews rating latest review