Rapture Of The Deep Review

deep purple: Rapture Of The Deep
Release Date: Nov 1, 2005
Label: Eagle
Genres: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal
Rapture of the Deep misses equaling Bananas by a notch or two, but it's a good example of how many veteran artists still maintain creative vitality.
 8.9
 9.3
 8.4
review (1) 9 comments vote for this album:
Rapture Of The Deep Reviewed by: Smitty370, on august 23, 2007

Sound: Hmm, is this Deep Purple? Yup, it sure is. It may not sound like it at first but, it's 100% Deep Purple. Now, 'Money Talks', what I can say about this song for sure is that it's different. It doesn't sound like any other band I've heard. But one of my favorite Deep Purple songs. Most of the other songs sound Deep Purplish. One thing on that note is it may sound like Deep Purple, but it isn't Steve Morse. His style is more technical on the lower side. 'Clearly Quite Absurd' is the best ballad that has been put out of this band, hands down. // 9

Lyrics: All lyrics in a song I don't pay any attention to. I took some time reading each song, and I come to an understanding that it's about change in today's world. The rich get richer, justice system is becoming corrupt, teenage sex, typical rock n' roll lyrics about booze, and being a lost soul. // 10

Overall Impression: It's very different to what's been put out by Deep Purple in the past decade. Not usual Steve Morse guitar, that's all I have to stay about the sound, everyone else sounds great. I liked that there wasn't a terrible song and there was nothing I hated about it. Listen to this album and you won't be disappointed. I don't care how you get your hands on it, just get. This is one of a more promising albums to be glad about. I just wish it was more known. // 9

More Deep Purple reviews rating latest review