Best Of Review

def leppard: Best Of
Released: Nov 9, 2004
Genre: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal
Label: Mercury, Bludgeon Riffola
Number Of Tracks: 34 (2CD)
This album, just like all of Def Leppard, is most totally excellent.
 9.3
 8.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Best Of Reviewed by: Roxxie Roxx, on november 01, 2011

Sound: There has been some dispute as to whether or not Def Leppard are a Hair Metal band. However one look at this best of CD and there is little doubt that they (at least to a very large extent) are. Just listen to songs such as "Rock Of Ages", "Animal", "Lets Get Rocked" and so on. They are cheesy, they are fun and Most importantly of all they are excellent. They are Hair Metal and should be proud of it. // 10

Lyrics: In almost every music genre, every band has their fair share of soppy songs about love and heartbreak and Def Leppard are no exception. But amongst all the lovey-dubby songs are songs about Armageddon, Rock and Pouring Sugar On Someone. These lyrical themes fit in well with the music that the rest of the band supply in superb quality. // 10

Overall Impression: This was the first Def Leppard album that I ever bought and have since go on to buy more. As an introduction to a Def Leppard this album is TOP NOTCH. It supplies a wide range of their (most excellent) songs. It provides the songs to break the cars suspension to (Playing the CD in the car at top volume whilst in a car park with Def Leppard (or more realistically you and your brothers) rocking out in your seats as if you're performing to the largest crowd the world has ever seen); It has the songs to say "Aww how nice" to; And most importantly of all it has songs to completely Get Rocked to. Which is different to the first one on that list but only just. So, with many thanks to this album, I am a HUGE Def Leppard fan (and I don't mean that I am a Def Leppard fan who has eaten too much cake). I recommend to anyone and everyone that they get this album, regardless of musical preference. If they don't like Def Leppard then I say we make them. This album, just like all of Def Leppard, is most totally excellent. // 10

More Def Leppard reviews rating latest review