Scars Of The Crucifix Review

8.6
 8.5
 8.6
Scars Of The Crucifix Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 15, 2004

Sound: The heaviest band to come out of Florida's heavy metal explosion, and one of the best. This is there latest CD and their still rockin hard. Riffs like the one from "Fuck Your God" show that they haven't slowed down a beat. Also, awesome fuking solos coming from the guitar god brothers. Great drumming too. // 10

Lyrics: Yes, Deicide are still as satanic as ever and bashing the bible and religion every chance they get. Geln Button (singer and bassist) for the band is still singing (well...) death metal singing anyway. Read the lyrics if you really wanna know what he's shouting. // 8

Overall Impression: A kick ass album from a die hard death metal band. Key Songs: "Scars of the Crucifix", "Fuck Your God" and "Mad At God". // 10

Scars Of The Crucifix Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 18, 2004

Sound: Good music,good sound! Very brutal death metal,but i like Slipknot better. // 8

Lyrics: I cant hear what hes singing but thats how its supposed to be and i like it! Very good singer skills. Brutal! // 8

Overall Impression: Cant compare with slipknots albums (best fucking albums i ever heard). The most impressive songs is Scars of the crusifix and from darkness come. Its worth buying if youre not a christian or some shit like that. Im 14 and playing in a band called DraKula.kp vran skiva nr vi blir knda, tack! // 8

Scars Of The Crucifix Reviewed by: Ploosh_Meister, on april 12, 2006

Sound: When I first listened through this album I nearly cried. This album contains some of the catchiest Death Metal themes in the history of the genre. Although sometimes all you may hear is 'blah badee blah blah blah' being grunted at 100mph, it's said in such a catchy way that you just don't care. The sound is very raw, which is great for a death metal album, and the production is great, though doesn't sound so polished to annoy death metal fans. The album was in fact recorded line for line seperately in the fast parts, which shows the hard work Deicide put into this album, but it does come out as over the top. The sound is perfect. // 9

Lyrics: What can I say. Every deicide song deals with hatred of God, and this is no different. If your a strong religious person, then this is definently not for your, unless your a satanist. If you couldn't care less however, then this album has some lyrics that are fun to read through. It suprises me how many different words Glen Benton uses to get across his hate for christianity. This may get boring to people who find lyrics to be the most important part of songs. // 7

Overall Impression: A great album. I beleive it could easily turn into a legendary album to the people that own it. From the blistering intro of Scars Of The Crucifix to the eeie, yet mystically beautiful piano at the end of The Pentecostal the album is a brutal and catchy portrayal of Deicide's catchy satanism. The only other Deicide album I own is Legion, which is also great, and this album builds on what Deicide had back then alot. This album has also inspired me to continue buying Deicide albums. The only downfall is that if songs are not looked into properly, the albums appears repetitive, for example, I cannot stand the songs Enchanted Nightmare, because all I get out of it is a lot of noise and then a great solo. If you don't like death metal, then this is not for you. However if your're a whore of satan, this album will fit extremely well into your collection of albums. // 9

More Deicide reviews rating latest review
+ In The Minds Of Evil 6.5 11/29/2013