One (Hellbound) Review

Demiricous: One (Hellbound)
Release Date: Jun 2005
Label: Metal Blade
Genres: Death Metal/Black Metal
It's getting harder and harder nowadays to separate the metal purists from the poseurs, and One will confirm that the gentlemen in Demiricous have metal running through their veins.
 9.1
 8.7
 9.4
review (1) 11 comments vote for this album:
One (Hellbound) Reviewed by: elementsk8er002, on december 22, 2006

Sound: Demiricous is a new band on the thrash metal scene, and they really do impress me. This band has some real talent and showed it in this album. The guitars sound good in this band as well as the drums, the vocalist is crazy, he has really a really good metal voice. This album was full of riffs that I've never heard before and are creative, this album inspired me to play guitar more. I've heard that Kerry King of Slayer likes this band and said they really stick out, out of all of the other bands out there. This band has good riffs and play at good speeds, which is somewhat hard and rare to find. I listen to a lot of metal, like Dismember, Cannibal Corpse, Krisiun, etc. and so far nothing really compares to them (except CC in some cases). // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics remind me a bit of Slayer, and they have some Tom Araya feeling to them (I think anyway). The lyrics fit in well with the aggression of the music and synchronizes well. Again, the singer has amazing skills and there's only room for improvement, so if they make a new album, there will most likely be no disappointments what so ever. // 8

Overall Impression: The only band that I can see comparing to them was the band "Carcass" in their album "Heartwork". The vocalist sounds just like that of Demiricous and sound like they'd share riffs here and there. Believe it or not, all of the songs on this album are impressive. The songs that impressed me the most were deffinitly "Vagrant Idol." It starts with a nice fast beat and the drums kick in well and speeds up towards the end, with another good riff. Another song I liked was "I Am Weapon" I'm not really sure what I like about this one but I do, maybe it's just the brutality of the vocals and how everything comes together. Definitely buy this album, though I would listen to some tracks online or something, in case you get disappointed. But seriously it's overall a good album. // 9

Comments