I Think You Got The Clean Version [EP] Review

DethCenTrik: I Think You Got The Clean Version [EP]
Released: Mar 27, 2013
Genre: Cybergrind, Industrial, Experimental
Label: Dod Incarnate Records
DethCenTrik have always been in my interest but there sound has changed from a cybergrind to a more industrial metal style of music.
 8.4
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
I Think You Got The Clean Version [EP] Reviewed by: BAMHCUNTGRINDER, on november 30, 2012

Sound: Well, they have always been in my interest but there sound has changed from a cybergrind to a more industrial metal style of music. The creation & music overall is great I will say that. To me the style reminds me of Ministry. Buy this album. Worth every penny. My rating on this album is a 8 out of ten I listen to it and the music gets you going and each track is all great from first to the last track but there being only 7 songs so it being a ep leaves you wanting more out of the works of Stefan Klein & his friend (idr his name) but it is a great EP so I recommend to get it or look it up on either YouTube or either Soundcloud. I hadn't really figured out the story behind it quite yet. Sorry. New to reviewing albums. The music styles falls around to the same styles of this cybergrind band I heard when I was 15 years old (which I'm 21 now) named pig grinder but they were only around for six months & broke up then got back together back in 2007 but broke up officially shortly after a few months being together but in my opinion DethCenTrik has more passion in there music and always have my attention and has a similar style to the legend band Ministry which I have been a fan of my whole life I can say and them playin' live. I've only seen a video of it and it was the official part when I became a fan of them. How I first heard of DethCenTrik is I got a Terrorizer CD and it had one song from them and I was just caught all into it. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are great and worked very hard and similar to mine on the demo I'm working on right now. Well, "Scapes Of The Real" is my favorite but the lyrics can be worked on better I can admit that. Stefan's vocals have always interested in many ways because I can't reach those high screams like some people but then again there is some that can't reach as low as I can go. The music is great but as I already said. Well Stefan is a great friend of mine and his growls always been interesting to me but when I first started hearing him sing like a guy in a choir room or an opera singer is what had my attention 10-10. // 9

Overall Impression: Comparing this album to anything else is like raping an beach whale (a fat chick) so what I mean by that is there is no comparison to this album. "Scapes Of The Real" & "Let Us Pray" are my favorite songs & very impressive if you ask me. I love everything about this EP but what I hate about it is how short it is. If I got it stolen. Yes. I would buy it again. Comparing? Well as I said it falls in the lines between industrial metal legends ministry and an old underground cybergrind band named pig grinder. The most impressive track to me is let us pray because in collides between industrial noise & drone music which is a new side of them I hadn't heard out of them. I love the album because its a new side of DethCenTrik but what I hate about it is it only has 7 songs which as I've already said leaves me wanting more. Well, I never get any of my music stolen but if it was I would buy it again but I mostly just download underground metal to my phone.

// 10