Rejoicing In The Hands Review

Released: Apr 26, 2004
Label: Young God
Genre: Rock
Styles: Lo-Fi
Rejoicing in the Hands is a whole ? each song an inseparable part of an offering for listeners to be, quite literally, enchanted and even awed by.
 9.5
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Rejoicing In The Hands Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 28, 2005

Sound: This is one of the most amazing albums in 2004. There is something I dont think anyone relly know what it is. It's so beautiful that it could make the hardest heart cry. One man and his guitar, makes a spell that even a group on 14 persons could make. He's a member of the "new folk" style, and he is relly the only one in that kind of music I like. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics is relly funny. He tells story about himself and animals and anything that is excisting, and when you make that kind of music is it relly important to have a special voice. And Banhart really have, he has said to "Gaffa" (a danish magasin) "the only thing you can do is to hope that you voice is reminding someone, that they are not alone," and that makes you think: he's right! // 10

Overall Impression: This record is special! I don't think anyone have made music like that before the new wave. There are many good songs on the album. Only good songs. But my favourite must be "Fall" or "Autumns Child" but every song is lovely. // 10

More Devendra Banhart reviews rating latest review