Licht Review

die apokalyptischen reiter: Licht
Released: Aug 29, 2008
Genre: Avant-Garde Metal, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Death Metal
Label: Nuclear Blast
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter is a German metal band from Thüringen. They're style is a mixture of thrash, black and death metal with some rock and folk influences.
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Licht Reviewed by: FalkFreak, on september 03, 2012

Sound: Ok, most of you probably never heard of these Guys, so here are some some facts about the band: Die Apokalyptischen Reiter is a German metal band from Thringen. They're style is a mixture of thrash, black and death metal with some rock and folk influences. "Die Apokalyptischen Reiter" translates to "The Apocalyptic Riders". The band started out as an melo-death band with English lyrics, but they soon changed they're style and sang songs in German, Spanish, Finnish and English. One of the bands you could compare this band with is Rammstein, but they sound a bit heavier and with not so much industrial and electronic influences. All in all I really like they're unique sound paired with paired with aggressive German lyrics and the influence of many styles. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics of this album are all written in German, and discuss all kind of themes. The lyrics can be viewed on the official homepage of the band (German only!). Here is an example from the song "Der Weg" (Chorus): "Doch ich reich dir die Hand, um mit dir durch die Nacht zu gehen Wnsch dir Hoffnung nur zu schenken, alle Wirren zu bestehen Und ich reich dir die Hand um ein Stck Weg mit dir zu gehen In der Gewissheit morgen schon das Licht zu sehen." These lyrics basically say that the band tries to help the listener in the dark times of his life, to give him hope. If you want to learn more about their lyrics, but don't speak German, look for an English translation in Google). The singers (Daniel TrUmel) voice is awesome by the way, and his trilling "r" just makes the German language sound really bada-s. // 8

Overall Impression: Compared to the other albums, this album contains German lyrics only, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I think everybody has to decide for themselves if that's cool or not. I like it though (maybe because I'm German). The most impressive songs on the album are in my opinion "Adrenalin" (same in English, I think) and "Es Wird Schlimmer" (It's getting worse). Once you've heard these songs a few times you won't get them out of your head for a while for sure. But that's just what I love about this album, every song in it is just so damned catchy, every single one a hymn, really! The only thing, that I would change, are the guitar tones: I just think there isn't enough gain on there, but maybe that's just me... If this album was stolen from me, I think I would buy it again. // 9

Comments