Dream Evil Review

dio: Dream Evil
Release Date: 1987
Label: Reprise
Genres: Pop-Metal, Hair Metal, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal
Dream Evil is by no means a departure from the Dio formula that was so successful for his first three solo albums.
 8.8
 9.6
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Dream Evil Reviewed by: ironmaidendude, on may 24, 2007

Sound: Dio has always sounded itself; melodic heavy metal, nice riffs, hair metal, impressive singing voice. This album doesn't do difference. This album is mostly melodic metal. There are great songs like opening track "Night People", title track "Dream Evil" and epic "All The Fools Sailed Away". // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are original Dio-lyrics, mostly stories with the deeper meaning. For example song "Overlove" tells about young teenager girl, who don't listen her moms warnings (like most teenagers). Then mom dies and girl is now alone without anykind of shelter and she must face the evil world she is living. This song is kind of straight worded, but in some songs listener must use his/hers brains to understand the meaning of the song. Ronnie James Dio has always been great and unique singing voice and style and no-one cannot copy that style without sounding ridicilous. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is basic '80s Dio. Most impressive songs from this album are "Night People", "Dream Evil", "All the Fools Sailed Away", "Overlove", "I Could Have Been a Dreamer" and "Faces in the Window". On this album Dio sounds best I know before changing his style bit darker on '90s. The album doesn't have anykind of things I hate. If the album were stolen/lost, I would buy new as soon as I can. // 8

More Dio reviews rating latest review
+ The Last In Line 9.6 06/11/2014