Horseshoes And Handgrenades Review

artist: disciple date: 09/01/2010 category: compact discs
disciple: Horseshoes And Handgrenades
Released: Sep 14, 2010
Genre: Christian rock, hard rock, southern rock, post-grunge
 8.6
 7.2
review (1) 11 comments vote for this album:
Horseshoes And Handgrenades Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 01, 2010

Sound: Disciple has been around for a long time, starting with some hard albums, such as Back Again, This might Sting A little, and What was I Thinking. I am thoroughly impressed with Disciple as they progress in their music industries, as they started with heavy rock, and progressed on to southern rock, but still kept some of the harder material (Scars Remain). In this album, however, they combine heavy rock, southern rock, and power ballads, and an amazing combination at that. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in Horseshoes and Handgrenades are all very positive, which in my opinion is great, and they all fit very smoothly into the sound of the music working together with them. Singer Kevin Young is at his absolute best with this album, hitting some really crisp higher notes, but yet still keeping his harsh, growly voice in the album as well. // 10

Overall Impression: I cannot say whether this album is better than any others, but it is definitely my favorite, but all of Disciple's music is great. Best songs, for me, are Watch it Burn, Dear X, Shot Heard 'Round the World, and Worth the Pain, and yet all the other tracks are very impressive as well. I am very impressed with this new album, as it shows off Disciple's maturity, and ability to play great music. This album shows that Disciple is continuing to progress in their musical talents, adding now into the mix drummer Trent Reiff, and guitarist Nathan Ehman. I recommend this album to anyone who likes great music, whether it's hard rock, soft rock, or metal music lovers, this album is for you! I would by this album ten times over if I had to. // 10

More Disciple reviews rating latest review
+ Southern Hospitality 9 01/22/2009