Southern Hospitality Review

artist: disciple date: 01/22/2009 category: compact discs
disciple: Southern Hospitality
Released: Oct 21, 2008
Genre: Christian Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal
Southern Hospitality is the eighth album by Christian alternative metal group Disciple, released 21 October 2008.
 9.3
 8.6
review (1) 12 comments vote for this album:
Southern Hospitality Reviewed by: JTROKS, on january 22, 2009

Sound: Still Disciple, but not quite the same as their other cd's. With three new guitarists, Andrew Welch(formery of Capital Lights), Micah Sannan(formerly of Falling Up), and Israel Beachy (formerly of Staple) the electric guitar is way more intense and their's a solo in almost every song. Also theirs not as much screaming but it's still the same Disciple. // 9

Lyrics: Great Christian lyrics about the best their in Christian rock. Whatever reason you've been running / I just don't care anymore / Already forgotten whatever happened with what went wrong / I just want you to come home. that's from "Whatever Reason" and that's pretty much what all the lyrics on the CD are about kind of the whole prodigal son thing. "Romance Me "Amazing, sweet mercy, romance me, ransom me (Titus 3:4-5) So yeah definitely great lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall Impression It's Like "Scars Remain" just not as hard, and kind of like Pillar. I really liked "Southern Hospitality" "Liar" and "Whisper So Loud". Love the CD especially all the solos and if I lost I'd definitely get it again. Any questions go ahead and ask me. // 9

More Disciple reviews rating latest review
+ Horseshoes And Handgrenades 8.6 09/01/2010