Indestructible Review

disturbed: Indestructible
Release Date: Jun 3, 2008
Label: Reprise
Genres: Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal, Post Nu-Metal
With much of the discussion since 10,000 Fists focusing on the next step for Disturbed, Indestructible heralds a definite continuation of the band's previous album. In short, the ominous artwork ensures that the listener knows Disturbed means business.
 Lyrics: 7.7
 8.6
 8.3
 8.8
Indestructible Reviewed by: Fool Dominhated, on june 06, 2008

Sound: I say first that this is not my favourite genre of metal, try to be as objective as possible, however I gave high ratings for this album, because I think it is one of the best exponents of this kind of metal, but I could be wrong about this. Indestructible the new album of the American super-group Disturbed, is perhaps the best album that the band has ever done, "perhaps" because if it is the best album of the band, thinking the previous awesome albums, it is for little. This is because the band has managed to eliminate, in part, the only problem he had in previous albums, the similarity of sound (not considering the hits as "Prayer" etc.), which ran through every album, such as the hammering sounds serious and heavy, which did seem a little like all the songs at first listen, of course phenomenon that disappeared with a more careful listening. In Indestructible this problem is in part disappeared, the album since the first listening feels the deep difference between the songs, this thanks to the work done by the band, which has included elements that embellish and make particular almost all the songs, as the siren and the sound of helicopter in "Indestructible", or the sound of the bell and the sound of thunders in "Haunted", the police sirens in Divide, etc. Regarding the band, as usual every single member of the band has done an excellent job, starting from the voice of David Draiman, ranging from a melodic voice to a voice almost growl, is to say just awesome, like the backing vocals of John Moyer, every song is interpreted to perfection; regarding the sound, since guitarist Dan Donegan that exceeds with frenetic solos or atmosphere's solos in every song; the other two members, John Moyer (bass) and Mike Wengren (drums), make a great. // 9

Lyrics: In "Indestructible" the lyrics follow the path of the previous album (also known by its cover), the issues are critical of society, politicians who govern us and people who do not have the courage to fight this oppression; the lyrics trying to incite people to wake up and rebel (obviously awaken and rebel at the level of consciousness, not at the level physical-material, namely we must not give birth to a new French revolution, but be aware of what surrounds us). Also unlike the previous album, "Indestructible" there are also lyrics concerning the private life of the band, which first had never happened, as the lyric of "Inside the fire" which, according to guitarist Dan Donegan, "It's about a girl he [vocalist David Draiman] was in a relationship with. She's committed suicide, and he just has the voice of the devil over his shoulder trying to provoke him to take his own life to join her again, because the only chance for him to be with her again is if he takes his life. We're not condoning suicide off of this, it's just more of the temptation to join a girlfriend that was very confused and messed up and wanted out." Also for the lyrics, the band has done an excellent job. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said before I believe that "Indestructible" is perhaps the best album done by the band so far, as have improved in all respects. Finally another great album for the American super-group. A delicious incredible for the fans of Disturbed. Recommended for all fans of heavy metal and alternative metal. // 9

Indestructible Reviewed by: UG Team, on june 06, 2008

Sound: Dan Donegan's recent review with Ultimate-Guitar.com incontrovertibly sheds some light on the mindset with which Disturbed approached this album sonically. Attributing the album's darker vibe to singer-David Draiman's-'string of bad luck', songs as ominous Haunted certainly corroborate such claims. Having said that, Donegan's assertion is hardly maintained throughout the album; Disturbed continues to retain the pop sensibilities that were first employed on Ten Thousand Fists. Somehow, guitarist-Dan Donegan-is able to write drop-C tuned riffs that are heavier than the lead of a somewhat nuclear-resistant container, while retaining a great sense of melody, not to mention a substantial awareness of what the rest of the band is doing. It is he, alongside Draiman, who provides much of the melody to Indestructible. In a peculiar manner, the melodramatically down-picked guitar riffs retain 'metal' credentials on songs such as the title-track, Inside the Fire, and even the eerier songs such as Criminal. Despite some teething problems regarding song structure, Disturbed still manages to convince the listener by playing with the conviction of a tight rope walker. The problem is that in places, the band truly is walking a tight rope, playing dangerously with clichd choruses; a further criticism could be that Dan Donegan treats his guitar too much like a percussion instrument in that he does somewhat over rely on chugging along to the beat. However, it is this steam engine chugging that gives Indestructible it's groove, and with Donegan having the licence to solo this time round, Disturbed pummels the point home that the band has some serious staying power. Although not as immediately accessible as Ten Thousand Fists, Disturbed's hooks are not limited to the vocal aspect of the band; Disturbed is one big fishing lure, and with the new album featuring on UG, it could yet catch the biggest fish in the pond. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrically, I have always been a critic of Disturbed's somewhat clichd topics of discussion, and my immediate thought upon reading the track listing of Indestructible was that the songs titles leave a lot to be desired. I stand by that statement, and with generic titles such as Indestructible-yes, even the album name has been done before-and Haunted, one is immediately 'stricken' by the potential for disappointment. With lyrics that would not be out of place in a young teenager's diary, one does grow tired of Draiman, particularly when it comes to this atrocious excerpt: Another reason, another cause for me to fight; another fuse uncovered, Now, for me to light. There is nothing remarkable about such long-winded gibberish; but regardless of what Draiman is trying to convey, the sentiment certainly isn't evocative enough to inspire the listener. Draiman's talent rests not with his lyrical capacities, but his vocal aptitude; his voice is arguably unrivalled in modern rock. Unlike various other bands that fall under this genre, Disturbed has a singer; and his sense of delivery, timing and rhythm epitomises the flair Disturbed has to rapidly coruscate and brighten the hours of darkness. // 7

Overall Impression: Disturbed has not come on in leaps and bounds since the release of Ten Thousand Fists, and despite exploring more sinister territory with Indestructible, the formula remains largely the same. Consideration should be given to whether or not Disturbed has the sustainability of bands such as Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Pantera. Paramount to unremitting success is for Disturbed to persist with creating a niche in the market. However, the next album shall have to supersede both Ten Thousand Fists, and Indestructible for Disturbed to really fulfil what is, to an extent, still latent potential. // 7

Indestructible Reviewed by: Ready2crashNbrn, on june 06, 2008

Sound: Disturbed's new album, "Indestructible", is more of the same from Disturbed. The album's sound is very similiar to disturbed's other albums. One word to describe this album is mediocrity. Disturbed seems to have reached a "Godsmack" type level where every song sounds exactly the same. No song in this album jumps out at you as being more prominent. It's almost difficult to determine when a new song begins because they are so similiar. That being said, the songs aren't bad songs. Although the guitar riffs are not unique and sound reused, they are pretty good. The guitar solos on the album are what stands out the most. If there is any bright spot on the album it is Dan's soloing. Other than a few good solos, the album is very forgettable. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics follow a very similiar pattern as other disturbed album, but they are not as political as 10000 Fists. Davids Vocals are very similiar during the verses, but he seems to be lacking something on the choruses. It seems as though David has reached the point of over using his trademark "O wa ah ah ah ah" scream technique, since it appears in nearly everysong at some time. // 7

Overall Impression: This is bar far the weakest album from disturbed, but not a bad album all together. The problem with this album is that is does not stand out, and seems to be all filler songs that did not make it onto other albums, or it was rushed. Overall the album is forgettable and very mediocre. // 6

Indestructible Reviewed by: GODhimself37, on june 06, 2008

Sound: Everything is a lot more musical. David is back with more animalistic spontaneous singing, Dan definitely amped up his guitar playing, with killer solo's for exaple in "The Night", and "Perfect Insanity". The bassist (forgot his name) has some pretty sweet lines. The drumming is a little bit faster on most of the songs, which isn't a bad thing. The way they put out theire immense musical skills really pulls off together, definitely the best album musically. // 9

Lyrics: Amazing lyrics. A couple of songs about a couple of women, but David really pulls them off. Most of the songs just talk about how badass he is. Really will get you pumped up. David has amazing skills melodically and screaming. Just very well put together. // 10

Overall Impression: Disturbed definitely pulled this one off. I'd say it's a sure contender for album of the year. Blows other Metal albums away. The best songs on the album would, well they are all very good. I'd have to say the least amazing would be "Facade" and "Torn". But they are still great songs. Nothing to hate about this album. If your a fan of any of Disturbed's albums or songs, buy this. // 10

Indestructible Reviewed by: ClassicDrmr1898, on june 18, 2008

Sound: Disturbed is one of those band's that's easy to hear. As soon as you hear one of their songs, it clicks instantly that this is Disturbed. This album is definitely no exception because, for the most part, these songs are typical Disturbed songs. However, a few of their songs this time around do throw in a lot more with mixed meter in it. A good example of this is the title track, Indestructible. I think it's pretty cool that they can throw this in. Another thing that's new about Disturbed in this record is the increased use in electronics. There's a lot more electronic sounds in this record than any other Disturbed album I've heard. This is good for some songs, but for some it's not so good. I like the use of it for the song "Inside the Fire", but not so much for the song "Perfect Insanity". For this CD, Disturbed doesn't exactly re-invent the wheel, but they stick with what's made them so recognizable in the first place. // 8

Lyrics: A quick note: if you want to learn the lyrics to this CD, you're gonna need to look somewhere other than the booklet. The lyrics are on it, but they're in extra-small print. Of all the songs in this CD, the one with the hardest-hitting lyrics is "Inside The Fire". Those of you who have seen videos of this song probably already know what it's about, but for those who don't, it's about suicide. Now I know what you're thinking, typical hard-rock emo suicide song, but this song is a lot creepier. The lead singer, Dave Draiman, sounds evil in this song. It's chilling. A few of these songs chill me to the bone every time I hear them thanks to the combination of music and lyrics in these songs. The ones that are the best in my opinion are "Torn", "Haunted", "The Curse", and "Inside The Fire". Ironically, the title track is the song with the worst lyrics in my opinion. It's something that I probably could have written. It's pretty simple. Overall, the lyrics in most of the songs are pretty good and work to creep you out, which I'm sure is what they were aiming for. // 7

Overall Impression: A lot of the songs on this album may sound the same as to other stuff Disturbed has done, but this band doesn't exactly need to change to stay popular. Their style is one all their own, thanks mostly to the sound of the lead singer's voice and the crazy guitar riffs. If you can't get the album and can only get one song from it, get "Inside the Fire". There are a couple dud songs on here though, so be warned. I will say this is my favorite of all Disturbed's albums, and that's saying something considering how great "10,000 Fists" was. This is a must-have for any Disturbed. Although I will say that anyone who doesn't like Disturbed, this album won't change your mind. // 8

Indestructible Reviewed by: kdownes, on june 20, 2008

Sound: I first heard this album on their UG profile and liked it enough to go out and buy it, which is rare nowadays. I hadn't really heard any Disturbed before now, except Stricken and Down With The Sickness, so I am not entitled to say whether or not this is their best work or not, but in my opinion it is very good. I'm still listen to and liking the songs, which is a good sign. Alright, lets start from the top: 01. Idestructible - grabbed right from the start one of my favourite songs on the album, I love his voice on this track especially, reminiscent of Stupefy or Voices. A tidy riff and great groove. Also, a really nice guitar solo. 02. Into The Fire - great intro, falling into a very tight groove, if there is one thing that Distrubed can do, it's groove. Fantastic vocals and catchy chorus. 03. Deceiver - unlike many of the other tracks on the album, this one did not grab me from the start. It seems to drag and fall off the beat every now and again. Nice, but not great. 04. The Night - one of my favourite riffs off the album, unfortunately not one of my favourite songs. The chorus vocals are very good and the guitar work is fantastic, another great groove. Pretty good solo. 05. Perfect Insanity - ah, stereotypical Disturbed intro, the drum beat. Some great vocal ah ah ah ah ahs at the start, what drew me to Disturbed in the first place. If only the riffs and music was as good as the vocals. 06. Haunted - fantastic song, one of my favourite on the album. The intro is fantastic and the riffs are brilliant, a tight groove. Fantastic vocal work as well. 07. Enough - well, drums again, reminded me of Down With The Sickness. I originally liked this song, but quickly tired of it. Repetitve, but a nice groove. 08. The Curse - another song that has a pretty ordinary intro, and the rest of the song doesn't improve. Not even the fact there is a guitar solo is enough for me to like this song. 09. Torn - don't like this one at all. Not saying anymore. 10. Criminal - oh yes, my favourite song at the moment. Love every second of it, vocals and music. Especially the bridge. 11. Divide - probably the heaviest song on the album. Great song. 12. Facade - great intro riff, but dies off as the song goes along. Not bad, but not great either. And then there are the four live bonus tracks. Stricken, Down With The Sickness, Stupefy and Just Stop, all personal favourites. A great album, I thought. A solid effort. // 8

Lyrics: Oh God, do I have to talk about the lyrics? I swear my 12 year old sister could write better lyrics. I'm going to be incredibly harsh, because I value lyrics as much as music, and no matter how great the vocals are, the lyrics are plain shit. I'm sorry, but it's true. Just take the first song. "Another reason /Another cause for me to fight/Another fuse uncovered/Now, for me to light". I mean, come on. Look, the lyrics are rubbish, that's all you need to know. Juvenile and weak. Simple. Which is a big disappointment cause the music is really good. // 2

Overall Impression: With this album, Disturbed have turned out a solid dose of hard rock, with some elements of techno or whatever you want to call it mixed in. It may not be one hundred percent original, but I was singing along to some of the songs and they get me pumped, especially Criminal. David's vocals were what drew me to Disturbed to start off with. Who could forget it? Sheer brilliance and it rings out in the song of Indestructible. And it is good to hear some guitar solos, even if they are few and far between. It is a pity that the lyrics are so weak, but I'll live with it. I would recommend this album to anyone who loves a good groove or hard rock. I greatly enjoyed it. // 9

Indestructible Reviewed by: blackgrunge, on june 06, 2008

Sound: This band's unique crunchy rhythmic sound that took the world by storm with their first album The Sickness has developed into the heart pounding album Indestructible. If you liked their old stuff like the albums Believe and The Sickness then your going to like songs like Torn and Indestructible on this album but if you favor their newer album Ten Thousand Fists then your going to like songs like Inside the Fire and Perfect Insanity. Disturbed captured the best of their past and their future, multiplied it by 10 and molded it into this latest creation. Even though this new album is the perfect mesh of everything that Disturbed is, they went completely overboard with the gain. During the song Divide you can barely make out what notes their playing because it's more noise than it is music. Overall, though the sound is pretty impressive and the drummer, for the first time since Down with the Sickness, has shown his true skill, especially with the double bass. // 9

Lyrics: Well, I can safely say that David Draiman has never been able to write lyrics that weren't corny. Like the line from Inside The Fire: "She was taken and then forsaken". I definitely think he could have done better than that. However, the overall meaning of the lyrics has shown true since the beginning. His delivery of the vocals, on this album, are spectacular. He uses the melodic feel from the choruses of songs like Stricken on earlier albums and fuses that with the rhythmic delivery of verses from The Sickness album. As a whole the actual content of the vocals have gone down over the years but the meaning is still the same. // 8

Overall Impression: As far as it's ranking compared to other albums released this year it wasn't everything I expected but it was still killer and it certainly did much better on my scale than the In Flames album A Sense of Purpose. I didn't like all the songs on Indestructible like I have of on previous records but songs like Torn, Indestructible, Inside the Fire and Criminal are still kick ass, but are contrasted by poorly written and recorded songs like Facade and Divide. If I could go back and decide again whether or not I was going to buy it having heard it before hand I would definitely buy it again because who can deny anything made by Disturbed. // 9

Indestructible Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 11, 2008

Sound: Some of the songs are new material compared to other disturbed albums. Especially the guitar; in almost every song, there is a guitar solo. On their other albums, the guitar is only featured on a couple of songs. The music was prepared much better than previously before. Although, some tracks from indestructible are very similar to the rest. But the rest are brand new, fresh disturbed songs. You can feel the power and adrenaline just listening. // 10

Lyrics: All of the songs have a deep meaning behind them. For example, 'Inside The Fire' was written after the singer, David Draiman, had dealt with someone who had committed suicide, and his thoughts afterward. Many of the songs are very powerful. In 'Indestructible', the lyrics show how confident someone is in war. It is also mentioned in 'Divide', that someone is a ruling person and at a level that towers other people. The powerful words are pure strength and confidence. // 9

Overall Impression: There are many songs that are incredible and beat the previous 'top Disturbed songs.' There is some repetitive rhythms, but a great job in preparing and delivering new sounds to the already amazing Disturbed library. Overall, very energetic and powerful material to jam out to. Go forth and bang your head. // 9

Indestructible Reviewed by: Magero, on june 06, 2008

Sound: So, ex-nu-metalers Disturbed are back with their latest effort, Indestructible. As stated in just about every interview they've done for the last year, the songs are indeed darker and more personal than ever. Personally, I think it's an interesting change considering they went from conflicts of faith on Believe to a very political and personal belief stance on Ten Thousand Fist and now they're almost baring their souls on Indestructible. The album starts off with some air-raid sirens and the sounds of guns, almost like a far away war sound. After about 30 seconds, the riff kicks in and instantly you can tell it's Disturbed. Then David starts singing, and to be honest, as brilliant as his voice sounds, some of the lyrics are a bit cheesy. Take a look around at your life, I'm an indestructible master of one! cause me no small discomfort. Anyway, more of that later. The album, musically, is amazingly strong. Disturbed have once again pulled out a great bunch of catchy but hard-hitting songs, and the emotion still shines through. The second track (and first single), Inside The Fire has absolutely brutal pre-chorus riff that honestly made me wonder if I was still listening to Disturbed or not and the chorus to Enough still puts shivers up my spine. Guitarist, Dan Donegan, has really stepped up his game in regards to technique and the solos that dot this album are quite enjoyable. Nothing too flashy, but they fit the situations they're in perfectly, which is an art sometimes lost in today's I can play the fastest music industry. Note: I'm not in anyway, shape or form making fun of guitarists who can shred, I love it most times, but hey, it's always great to hear a little 8 notes passage that touches you rather than a 30 note passage that amazes you. Drummer, Mike Wengren, is once again quite ingenious at writing drum parts that just fit perfectly with the riffs. Clever use of tom fills while keeping the beat and the like. // 8

Lyrics: Right, David Draiman has always been a f--king fantastic vocalist. Able to sing these amazingly melodic passages then reverting to a rougher, tougher voice that still has an actual note is a rare gift and David uses it brilliantly. The lyrics on the other hand, as I've said before, are a tad cringe-worthy. Because of the personal nature of the most, if not all of the songs, I can't really blame David for just writing from the heart, however some of the lyrics approach a very cringe worthy stage. Most of the lyrics to the title track and to "Divide" make me wish I had an instrumental version. However, lyrics like those found on tracks like "Enough" and "The Night" are quite good. "The Cursed" also has some great vocal/drum/guitar syncopation that is extremely catchy. // 7

Overall Impression: Being a long time Disturbed fan, I found this CD a great addition. The band all perform admirably, David and Dan especially. It's a collective of 4 guys who can just wanna rock and rock they do. That said, the album is not quite up to the standard they set with "Ten Thousand Fists". They set a very high bar for themselves, and while they certainly didn't fail, they missed the bar by just the narrowest of margins. The songs are typical Disturbed fair, but the raw power and aggression from TTF is somewhat dulled. Still, a brilliant album and a worthy addition to any hard rock/metal fan's collection. // 8

Indestructible Reviewed by: CrossBack7, on june 09, 2008

Sound: Disturbed is indeed back with the heavier, more musically-tight album known as "Indestructible". There is no doubt that the band has grown musically, as shown by Dan Donegan's new found solos in many of the songs, most noticeably in "The Night" & "Inside the Fire". Mike Wengren has also grown as a drummer, becoming a much more melodic, as well as heavy player. Most of the songs deal with singer, David Draiman's, real life problems and issues, such as "Inside the Fire" being about his girlfriend committing suicide and the devil urging him to do the same. // 9

Lyrics: David Draiman is no doubt an amazing vocalist. His problem is not the delivery of the lyrics, but rather, the lyrics themselves. As stated many times already, they are a bit cheesy at times, though some songs do have deep meanings coupled with brilliant music, my personal favorite being "The Night". The lyrics do indeed fit the heavy music, as they are all about dark, even depressing subjects. // 7

Overall Impression: The album "Indestructible" is best described as a mix of the more melodic nature of "Believe" and the hard, rending nature of "10000 Fists". The most musically impressive songs on the album are "The Night", "Deceiver", and "Inside the Fire". The only song I was rather unimpressed with was "Divide", due to it's repetitive nature and rather bland music. The thing I like the most about the album is how the group has not grown just individually, as shown by Dan Donegan's solos, but also as a group. Their play is extremely tight and flows together extraordinarily well. I don't know of many bands who could play such intense songs as Disturbed and make them sounds so smooth and powerful. The weak point in the album is, without a doubt, the lyrics. They are certainly a bit superficial at times, the main song showing this being "Indestructible". I would definitely buy it again if it was lost or stolen. My advice to anyone who was interested by the songs "Perfect Insanity" or "Inside the Fire" is to go out and buy it. For those who are already Disturbed fans, why don't you have it already? // 9

Indestructible Reviewed by: Kreuger, on june 09, 2008

Sound: Heavy yet catchy. That's what I find with this new album from Disturbed. I've never been a big fan only liking a few songs off each album but to me they've really stepped it up. I like every song on this album. I never thought I'd be into their work so much. I have one small complaint more related to the playing. Mike's drumming while good seems to repeat itself at points. It sounds like he uses the same tom-tom patterns throughout quite a few of the songs. I have to say I respect Dan's use of solos. I waited a while to hear him shred because he supposedly did it a lot without having David in the band. When I heard the solos on Ten Thousand Fists I was happy with them and even more so now. I love the fact that he's into solos that fit the song and not just throwing them in for wankery (although the odd parts of a few here do sound a bit like that). When he said in an interview that there would be more solos on this album I was worried he would just wank all over but he's done a fine job keeping it toned down right and delivering a good compliment to each song he put a solo into. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics seem pretty well thought out and fit well into the music as it should since it's been mostly the same for each album. David's delivery is very to the point and it can make the songs very catchy depending on the style he's using. I am however getting sick of his trademark monkey noise. It was cool when they first come out but it's not needed in every single album. // 7

Overall Impression: This is easily their best album and so far it's become one of my favourites this year. I can't stop listening to it. Almost every aspect is great. I haven't actually bought it yet but I definitely will and if it's lost or stolen I would again too, for sure. Recommended to any current fans of the band and anyone who likes hard rockin' bands. It may not make the elite metalheads turn to these guys but at least I can enjoy it. // 8

Indestructible Reviewed by: guitar kid123, on june 09, 2008

Sound: I've always loved disturbed, the lead singers voice is really different compared to all the other bands. I'd like to say it's their best album yet but I'd rate it 2nd best, (my favorite is ten thousand fists)but it's still an awesome album. Like all the other disturbed albums they have loud verses and (semi) quiet choruses. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics in the songs of "indestructible" is just typical disturbed lyrics. They still talk about being half insane and stuff like that. I really don't like the lyrics that much but the lead singer makes up by making them sound cool. I probably like the music better but like I said the lead singer makes the lyrics stand out. // 8

Overall Impression: I'm actually listening to it now. I think no other artists can compare to disturbed because disturbed is just extremely unique. My favorite song on the album is "the night". If this thing was lost or stolen I'd buy another in a heartbeat. This album is really good. // 10

Indestructible Reviewed by: Titansfan920, on june 10, 2008

Sound: In the follow up to 10,000 fists, Disturbed comes out with their new CD "Indestructible". As a borderline fan of Disturbed I didn't know what to expect coming into this one. I have always been a fan of them musically, it's just Drainman's singing that is a turn off sometimes(you know, with all the Ah ah ah's). I am happy to say this is probably Disturbed at it's best musically. Draiman is on with his singing and Dan's guitar playing is superb. It's a big more agressive than 10,000 fists was. But overall, I was really impressed by the sound of this CD. // 9

Lyrics: This is where I have a problem with Disturbed. As many people point out, they have never really been known to be great songwriters, as their lyrics and songs are usually things that have been sung out before. Still though, songs like Indestructible, which is an anthem for our troops overseas, Inside The Fire, a story of Draiman's ex girlfriend who commited suicide and The Night really deliver. One big thing I was really pleased about personally, which may not mean as much to everyone else, is that there is a lot less of the annoying growls and "Ah ah ah's!" They usually irritate me as they serve no purpose to be in the music. Luckily, they only appear out of place in one song, "Criminal" but even that song is still one of my favorites. But even with all the scrutiny, Draiman is still a really good singer and deliver like few today can and for that I really respect him. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, I was really pleased with this album and in my opinion it's Disturbed strongest to date. If your a border line fan who isnt sure to get this or not, go ahead and pick it up. You wont regret it. My favorite songs are Divide, Criminal and Indestructible. If someone ever stole this CD and I had a choice of buying it again or leaving, I would definatly go and pick up another copy. it's worth the money. // 10

Indestructible Reviewed by: Shadow_Hedgehog, on june 10, 2008

Sound: Disturbed's new CD is indeed a switch from Ten Thousand Fists. Going deeper into lyrical meaning, heavier musical tone, and somewhat cliched topics, Disturbed really strikes a chord with most people on this cd. Dan Donegan finally shows what a great guitarist he is on this album by performing solos like in the songs Perfect Insanity, The Night, and Indestructible. Along with this, David Draiman has grown up lyrically, but we'll get to that in a little bit. In the more recent interview with Dan Donegan, he said that this CD was somewhat based on David's "string of bad luck," an interesting way to put it, this CD definitely has a darker tone to it. While Dan is writing melodic, yet heavy Drop C guitar riffs, David is easily able to make it even better with his singing voice, along with mild portions of his screamo/growl. // 9

Lyrics: These lyrics may not be as great as his others, but he speaks volumes with them! David may not be the greatest writer in the world, but, with what he's discussing, he's being truthful and powerful with it. Inside the Fire, for example, is about a girl he dated in high school, named Devon, who committed suicide and how the Devil was whispering to him to kill himself too. David is indeed speaking of the darker points in his life and the way he writes them makes you feel how he felt. Again, these lyrics aren't the greatest in the world, but they are full of emotion, as they were meant to be. // 8

Overall Impression: Compared to others, I think it could have been better. But, I love this album, because Disturbed has grown up while writing this. It's so well put together, but, at some points, it does grow tedious. I have no other complaints about this CD. Personally, my favorite parts are the amazing guitar solos that Dan Donegan finally decided to show off. Most of my favorite solos come from my favorite songs which are: Inside the Fire, Indestructible, The Night, and Deceiver. If this CD was lost or to be stolen, I would definitely buy it again. // 9

Indestructible Reviewed by: djc1993, on june 10, 2008

Sound: First off, I would like to say that this is one kick-ass album. I got it on Saturday, 6-7-2008 and have listened to it all the time ever since. The guitars are superb. David retains his unique vocal talents in this album. The only real problem I had with the album is that is sounds a little like Ten Thousand Fists and that's not really a bad thing. The drums and bass shine through, but the big showcase is the amount of nicely done guitar solos in the album. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are good, sometimes not the best. At least the songs make some kind of sense. David has written some very dark lyrics this time around and the band's anti-war stance is shown through the title track, "Indestructible". Songs like "Inside The Fire" and "Haunted" really caught my attention with not only the lyrics, but the way David's voice really gets you into the song. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, the album was great. It took what was good about Ten Thousand Fists and added some guitar solos to make it better. It's not the best album in the genre, but it's good enough to get you listening to it a lot. If it were lost, I would look very hard for it and if I couldn't find it, I would surely buy it again. Tracks like "Haunted","The Curse", and "Indestructible" are probably the stand out tracks and the two singles "Inside The Fire" and "Perfect Insanity" are here to balance out the album. If you don't have it, go buy it! // 9

Indestructible Reviewed by: Indyfreak18, on june 23, 2008

Sound: Great sound on the disc! It did seem like all of songs sound a little bit too much alike but pretty good. 01. Indestructible - good opening song. Intro was a little long but once it started I loved it! Chorus was great. Solo was not great but the rest of the song made up for that. 02. Inside The Fire - as you all should know, this came out well before the actual album did. It has a great intro and the verse was catchy. The chorus wasn't too great except for right at the beginning of it. The solo was pretty good. 03. Deceiver - I didn't like the intro to this too much but the verse was great. I also liked the chorus. I couldn't really tell if it was a interlude, solo or bridge etc. near the end but that part was a bit disappointing. 04. The Night - the intro wasn't that good in this. I sort of liked the verse but after every 8 beats or so the guitar would go high and it downgraded the whole song for me. The pre-chorus wasn't very good but the chorus was amazing! The solo was just bad. 05. Perfect Insanity - this song came out before the actual album. When I first heard it I didn't really like it but I like it now! The drum intro was really cool and the whole song has a fast feel to it. The chorus was great and I also liked the breakdown before the solo. The solo was a bit disappointing but the outro was great! 06. Haunted - this was arguably my favorite song on the album. THe intro was a bit long but when the guitar came in it was great. Great intro! I also liked the verse mainly because the fast riff and drumming continues. The chorus was good as it gave the song a slow edge to it. The breakdown was also really good. I really liked the outro because they play the chorus but they play it with the fast riff instead. 07. Enough - the intro wasn't very good mainly because the guitar didn't seem to fit. I liked the verse as it was fast. The chorus was good too because it slowed down the song. I didn't really like the chanting part. The fade out at the end was disappointing because it was almost cheesy how they faded out then play 2 quick loud chords. 08. The Curse - the intro wasn't bad but it wasn't great. I liked the verse and the pre-chorus. The chorus wasn't too good. I didn't really like the solo but the rest of the song made up for it. 09. Torn - the intro was good but I felt the drumming was too fast because it took away the sense of rhythm. The verse was a too much alike the other songs but I loved the chorus. The solo needed less bends and whammies and arpeggios because it almost sounded like a guitar effects demonstration. 10. Criminal - I didn't like the intro at all until the guitar came in. The verse was repetitive. The chorus was good because it sounded different than the other songs. The outro was okay but not great. 11. Divide - the intro and the verse was just getting a bit old by now because they needed to be different than the other songs. I didn't like the chorus because it seemed very repetitive. The solo was good in this song though. 12. Facade - this was actually the first song I heard (other than Perfect Insanity and Inside The Fire) off the album because I was listening to it on my itunes on shuffle. The intro and verse were both great. The chorus was good especially when David's voice would hit that high note. The solo was too much like Torn; An effects demonstration. Overall I really loved the sound of this album except it was just a little bit repetitive. // 9

Lyrics: We all know David Draiman is a great singer. His voice is amazing, just what he can do with it. I did feel the lyrics were a little bit repetitive because they all seemed to be about subjects like mourning/avenging lost friends, going insane etc. THere wasn't much creativity. One song I think had great lyrics is The River by Good Charlotte ft. S. Gates and M. Shadows. // 7

Overall Impression: It was their bast album yet but there were better songs on other albums. I really liked Indestructible, Haunted, and Inside The Fire. Disturbed is one of my favorite bands because of their unique style of metal. This album showcases just that. If somebody stole that I would normally go buy a new one the next day except I have it on my ipod so I don't need to. // 9

Indestructible Reviewed by: 10kf.iskickass, on june 24, 2008

Sound: I'll start out and say, I am a Disturbed fan. That said, I can judge music by the qualities I perceive to be good, and by those standards I can say what I feel is good or bad. Is Disturbed's new album as heavy and dark as they said it would be? No, not really. But, there are several key songs that progress their musical talents beyond anything they've yet recorded for the public, and the whole album in general has a different feel to it than any of their previous ones. I know people's biggest nitpick with Disturbed is that "all their music sounds the same" and I have to say, at first glance that can seem true. However, if you have the ear and the patience to get to know their songs, then I tell you truthfully you can hear a great variety and sense of originality from each and every one. This album was excellent in the beginning, got better in the middle, but just after the middle it lagged. Then the last few songs picked it back up again. Favorite song is definitely The Night, I love the dark sounding music and the solo blew me away (imagine ol' Danny sweep picking). Deceiver, Facade, Divide, Inside the Fire, and Indestructible are also high points. The other songs are all good in their own respects, but they don't have that stand out quality that a first listener will pick up on. The absolute biggest thing to point out on this album is that all musicians involved (and especially Dan on guitar and Mike on drums) have improved. Dan's solos fit each and every song (though a couple this time around can seem similar, but The Night makes up for it tenfold) and Mike's drums become a standout point in every song, something to listen to and tap your feet to, instead of keep in the back of your head on autopilot. Only other nitpick is that some of the songs could have used better editing/mixing. That being said, there are also songs that have excellent mixing and editing, so it's hit and miss (worst is the switch from verse to pre-chorus in Inside the Fire, it just sounds unreal). This band has more to prove, and farther to go, and I hope they keep moving in this direction. Yes, I admit I'd love to hear some more varied music from them, maybe a few more metal-heavy songs, and a few more ballad type songs like Darkness. Slowly, but surely, Disturbed is progressing. // 9

Lyrics: Simply put, you either love or hate David Draiman. I happen to be a huge fan, not because of the inhuman grunts and roars he has in his pipes, but because of his ethnic style of singing and one-of-a-kind voice. After a while the songs start to sound the same, vocally, until you break them down and actually listen to them, and learn the lyrics. Only then can you appreciate what he's saying, and how he sings. If you are one who just skims the songs for something good, chances are you'll miss the finer points. That being said, some of his lyrics come off as cheesy. But, if there's one thing Disturbed is, they are serious. Literally. They have serious lyrics, because they are talking about a serious subject. I don't think you can fault Draiman for having a big vocabulary. Just because he doesn't say f--k every other word, or scream incessantly through the entire song, doesn't mean he is "pompous." He is a smart guy, and has a vocabulary, so don't fault him for it. On the other hand, some of the singular words he uses are starting to show up again and again since Believe. If I was the band, looking for a new sound, or a refinement to the one they have, I would work on new ways to convey my subject, and new subjects to write about. I think Indestructible has every right to it's lyrics, but next album I expect a bigger change. So, short and sweet, Draiman's voice and vocal prowess is excellent, and nobody, no matter how much they hate Disturbed, can deny that he does have a singular talent for how he sings. The downside, some people feel his lyrics are cheesy, and though I myself don't for the most part, those others that do still count. It's just a matter of pleasing yourself and not the masses, and despite popular opinion, I think Disturbed does this and stay true to themselves. // 8

Overall Impression: High points of the album: more, more, more, more solos. You can never complain about more solos. Better and more complex drum work. Always a plus. Bass, the only thing that stood out was the second verse in Facade where he has his own little moment, but I thought it was excellent. Vocals, more of the same, so if you love that, then you're in luck, if you don't, then you know what to expect. Low points: lyrics, however serious, can come off as cheesy to some. Some of the riffs are not as standout as I was hoping for, but others are very much so, so they tend to balance. Overall, kudos the the guys for another top quality release. I will have the best of these songs in my repertoire soon! Last note: I commend Draiman for writing about his girlfriend of years ago, I know that must have been hard, but I feel the song (Inside the Fire) has a positive warning message that is worth writing about. // 9

Indestructible Reviewed by: boyan89, on june 26, 2008

Sound: Once again Disturbed, have returned with a sweet vengeance. They have taken an astonishing pathway to writing the materual on this album. People have always known Dan Donnegan to be a good guitarist, but he isn't just great on this album he nails every song and his solos are truly unique because I can't really compare his style to anyone else's guitar playing. Mike can always accompany the drums and whatever the band is thinking of doing he pounds the living shit out of the drums and the double bass of his has returned glory glory! John has stepped up his bass playing and it really shows on the song Haunted I personally think that is one of the best bass riffs I have heard. The sound was just brutal and metalish sounding more than hard rock. // 10

Lyrics: David Draiman is a very dark man that is all I can say. Songs on this album are about the soldiers and going off to war and as Dan Donnegan said yes I know he doesn't sing he is all about going to war if it's for a reason and the band supports the soldiers. Some songs are about David's past girlfriends that ended up being demons and the song Inside The Fire is about his past girlfriends suicide, he is writing about how all these thoughts of madness are overcoming him, which turns him to thinking of killing himself. I'm glad there's barely any ow-ow-ow and wa-ah-ah-ah that got sort of annoying. // 10

Overall Impression: I think Disturbed are one of the most original bands out there. Some people tend to disagree but I find that where can you find Dan Donnegan's guitar style or David Draiman's singing no one sounds like this. I can't pick a favourite song on this album all of them are brutal and I find that Disturbed nailed this album to the bone and turned it a masterpiece. I forgot to mention that it sounded like they mixed both elements from TTF with the solos and the more melodic riffage (The Night is an example) amd more dark songs with simple progressions (haunted comes to mind). What is there to hate about this album? If it were stolen I would chase the f--ker who stole probably eat his soul and take back my album! Disturbed keep doing what your doing! // 10

Indestructible Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 25, 2008

Sound: Hard rock group Disturbed is back with their latest release, Indestructible. Indestructible is Disturbed's third consecutive #1 debut on the Billboard 200, and it remained in the Top 10 on the Billboard 200 for five consecutive weeks. Only six other rock bands have accomplished three consecutive #1 debuts, including Dave Matthews Band, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Staind, U2, and Van Halen. As a huge Disturbed fan it is hard to be objective but even as a big fan of them, the album is good. Before the album was released, singer David Draiman claimed the album would be darker, and more fast paced. They definitely deliver in that aspect. Indestructible is a heavier record than their last 2, Ten Thousand Fists and Believe, and it's a solid album. One thing I noticed while listening to this album is that the drumming has improved. Mike Wengren stepped it up a bit, and on Indestructible the drums are much more complex and faster than anything they've done before. The drumming on the intro to "Enough" is very catchy, reminds me of their famous intro "Down With The Sickness" just a little bit. The music meshes very well together too, as if it is just one powerful wall of sound, like when the guitars in "Haunted" kick in for example. Dan Donegan has really evolved as a guitarist, probably the best in hard rock today, and he can really shred. He writes extremely heavy guitar riffs. It's amazing how in Drop #C he can write such heavy riffs that actually have a sense of melody as well. Their promise of more solo's on this record definitely did ring true. Dan added some new tricks on this album as far as solo's go, such as: finger tapping, some arpeggios, and some whammy bar tricks. Songs like "The Curse" have some cool whammy bar tricks, "Perfect Insanity" has a very fast tapping solo, and the solo on "The Night" is amazing, and has a little bit of everything, alternate picking, sweep picking, tapping, you name it, something for everyone! There's a bunch more songs with solid solo's. Overall the songs are very catchy, these guys can write some pretty amazing hooks. There are some very heavy parts too, reminiscient of their first album, The Sickness. Such as the pre-chorus to "Inside The Fire", and the intro and bridge to "Deciever". John Mayer has some cool lines too, like the thudding bass line in the verses to "Indestructible", and the groovy bass line in "Facade". Every song offers a little something different. // 10

Lyrics: Draiman can write some pretty good lyrics. Not great, but not bad either. There are some cliched topics, like war, the troops, relationship problems, etc, things that aren't that out of the ordinary. Although with Disturbed, it is often not the lyrics themselves that can touch you, it is what's behind the words, as a few songs are extremely deep and unique. "Inside The Fire" for example deals with the true story of how vocalist David Draiman once had a girlfriend that committed suicide, when he was about 16. It's about a vision he had, of him standing over his dead girlfriend's body, with the devil behind him, whispering in his ear for him to kill himself and join her. Hence the lyrics "Release your life, take your place inside the fire with her". The closing track "Facade" covers an interesting topic, as it is about a woman who is being physically abused, and can't stand it any longer, as she wants to kill her abuser. "The Curse" deals with some bad luck Draiman has had over the last few years, such as a motorcycle accident, his garage burning down, bad relationships, etc. There are some powerful lyrics on this record. "The Night", one of the stand out tracks on the album, and in my opinion one of the best songs they've ever done, has some great lyrics. Especially the very empowering chorus, "In a world beyond controlling, are you going to deny the savior, in front of your eyes? Stare into the night. Power beyond containing, are you going to remain a slave for the rest of your life? Give into the night." Overall, some cliched lyrics, yet some powerful, unique ones to make up for it. Draiman delivers the lyrics very well, however. He can scream, like in the intro and bridge to "Deceiver", and he does some cool chanting/screaming in the bridge to "Enough." Of course, he is very versatile and can sing very melodically. During "Enough", the chorus is very melodic, and the vocals are outstanding as Draiman hits some high notes, same for the chorus to "The Night". "Torn" also has some amazing vocal work. Of course, his trademark staccato vocal delivery is still there, along with his signature "wah ah ah" still, such as in the intros to "The Curse" and "Criminal," although it is not something he decides to do as much as he used to. Draiman has a very unique voice, and he is very versatile, whether singing, chanting, or screaming, and anything in-between. His vocals really shine on this record, and make up for some of the songs with weaker lyrics. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, this record was very good. Probably their best work to date. Retains some elements from all 3 previous albums, and a little bit of new stuff. David still pulls off some amazing vocals, Dan really stepped up his soling and overall playing, Mike pulled off his best work, and John, although you can't hear him that much, has a few cool bass lines. Not perfect, I don't like some of the lyrics, and some of the songs sound like stuff they have done before (like "Torn"). Overall, a heavier, more aggressive album than their previous 2, and definitely darker and deeper. It has elements from all of their previous work. If it were lost/stolen, I'd kill the person that took it and force them to listen to some Britney Spears! I kid, I kid. But I love this album and I'd get another one for sure. Disturbed is back, better than ever. Can't wait until their next one. // 9

Indestructible Reviewed by: aenimafist, on september 29, 2008

Sound: With their famous stacatto rhythm style, Disturbed definately have their own signature sound. On the title track, Indestructible, the band combines the stacatto style with the vocals and guitars to create a really choppy but interesting song. Inside the Fire is a little more traditional but it was still a good song to add to the CD towards the beginning. I appreciated the band exploring the ideas of using high harmony leads during the choruses of many of the tracks on this record. Now they just need to get out of using the same rhythm for those specific parts of a song. // 9

Lyrics: A lot can be seen on this album that was seen on Ten Thousand Fists. David Draiman singin' about being pissed at everyone, Bush imparticular, and having to deal with the rubbish of life. David has one of the best and most unique vocal styles on the planet. You could be listening to a song and not know what it is then hear the vocalist and say hey that's Disturbed! It was also pretty groovy that Draiman says the F-word a few times and the album still doesn't get the PA sticker. Ballin'! // 9

Overall Impression: I really liked Ten Thousand Fists and Believe so I think this one comes after those two as far as favorite albums go. None of the songs really stayed with me as much as I wanted them to except for Indestructible, Haunted and The Curse. Those were the best on there. I'm not really into nu-metal anymore either but this band sure has some damn good material. I think they just need to utilize it in a more interesting way. Plus they need to bring that low string up a whole step to standard. I hate drop low string players most of the time. They can just transpose everything up a whole step if they really want the low-end crunch. // 8

Indestructible Reviewed by: Reviewer Jordan, on november 11, 2008

Sound: The Sound of this band is Outstanding. their songs don't only entertain you, but it hooks you. no matter how long you listen, The songs never get old!! Dan Donegan (lead guitarist) really spices up the band with his great chord combinations, his great solos, and his creativity into each song. They show that they put a lot of hard work into each song they've created. Very little of Disturbed songs I couldn't listen to 5 times in a row. Each CD, or even song, has it's own special talent-showing, creativity, unlike some bands that each song can sound exactly the same, like AC/DC and DragonForce (my own opinion). although AC/DC is my favorite old band, (and disturbed is my favorite new band), I have to admit that a lot of their albums sound exactly the same. // 8

Lyrics: David Draiman has some serious talents in both his singing sound and his lyrics. In most of his songs, his voice is normal, not very heavy, and then he mixes it up by making his voice deeper/more heavy. that's what really catches my interest. his lyrics really match up with the song. the rhymes are even, and make sense. that can be hard to find in some genres. // 7

Overall Impression: This album is my favorite by Disturbed, possibly my favorite over all albums! All four albums, (Indestructible, Ten thousand fists, Believe, and The sickness), attract attention. The most Impressive albums would probably be; Indestructible, Inside the fire, The night, Perfect insanity, Enough, and the curse. they are the ones that attract MY attention. I love this album. I listen to it everyday and I'm never bored of it. I also enjoy playing each song. If anything happened to it, like if I lost it or broke it, I would buy it again, beacause it's my favorite album of all. // 9

Indestructible Reviewed by: SOADriff, on february 04, 2009

Sound: So disturbed has returned after their massive sounding third album, Ten Thousand Fists. David Draiman has said that most of the inspiration from the album came from bad experiences in recent years, and some from the far past. With this record, it is safe to say that disturbed have definitely moved away from the Nu metal tag. 01.Indestructible: a ripper of a track, opens on a war siren, that leads into dan mike and john playing the opening riff. Lyrics are absolutely terrible, but incredibly catchy and the guitar and bass is so sweet that you forget about them fairly easily. Disapointing and short solo, however. 8/10 02.Inside the fire: hands down best song on the album, incredible lyrics, sweet intro, and a solo that sticks in your mind like balinese laser eye surgery. brilliant. 10/10 03.Deceiver: strong track with catchy lyrics. Typical disturbed song really. 8/10 04.The Night: shares the top spot with inside the fire as the best track. Very dark sounding track. Dan's rythm work isnt great, but the solo on this track defines the phrase "face melting". it goes on for a good 30 seconds and is the best thing dan has done since stricken. 10/10 05.Perfect Insanity: great drum beat and guitar riff. Fun track with short but sweet solo. 9/10 06.Haunted: wicked song. Great bass intro that sounds as impressive as Overburdened, and leads into an awesome distorted wah tone that rips into my favourite line on the album "Your broken so am i, im better off alone". Dont ask me why, but it sticks and my head. Aggressive and amazing track. 10/10 07.Enough: easy to get into song with great drum beat but dissapointing guitars. Lyrics are great and Dave gets all prog metal on us with some growls that are probably computer generated, mind you. (which doesnt happen often with disturbed, they are a great live group)6/10 08.The Curse: david harmonises with himself in this song, which is interesting. Catchy, but mediocre track. 6/10 09.Torn: hard song to get into but it grows on you. The solo sounds too much like an effects demonstration, even though dan said it was his favourite solo he has ever done. 7/10 10.Criminal: I f--king love this song. It kicks major ass and shows how awesome disturbed are. Highlight is the bridge in which david yells, "Now, you wanna know, you want a name?, You wanna call me mother fucker?" great stuff. 10/10 11.Divide: weakest song on the album. Its just not impressive, and by now, you are easily tired of hearing the same sounding intro riff (torn, the curse). Every album has one of these. 4/10 12.Facade: this is the most melodic song on the album, and the track that grows on you the most overall. great lyrics, guitars, bass and solo. excellent. 10/10 // 10

Lyrics: I am definitely not a fan of Disturbed's lyrics, (apart from a few exceptions such as dehumanized), but I would have to say that david has really improved his writing skills. A standout on lyrics on this record would have to be lead single, Inside the fire, which covers the subject of suicide, in which david had to deal with as an adolescent when his girlfriend killed herself. It interprets him talking to the devil, and the devil is telling him that to be with her me must take his own life aswell. However I must admit that they go on the cheesy side sometimes, especially in the title track indestructible, eesh. // 7

Overall Impression: The next album for disturbed will be pivotal for their fan base. To be honest, this is pretty much the same as TTF, except better lyrics, guitars and it sounds a lot darker. Fans want to see the band change, and hopefully next time they will not just rely on what works and rely on what feels natural. One thing I love about this is how much it kicks you in the ass each time you listen to it. It is an extremly big sounding album, that is as fun as metal will get. If it was stolen I would buy it again, so I can jam along to it easily. Overall a great effort from Disturbed. // 8

Indestructible Reviewed by: mqsand2112, on february 04, 2009

Sound: Quite possibly the best album out by Disturbed so far. An amazing piece of musical talent blended togeether to continue the story started by Ten Thousand Fists. The sound of this album for most of the songs have an evil minor tone to them and helps us remember why they are called Disturbed. One of the best things about this album is that it grows on you and you can develop a very deep respect for what Disturbed has accomplished for themselves. The sound can be constructive giving the singer plenty of room to work arund and on to themain melodies of the songs. The best song sound wise is The Night. // 9

Lyrics: Lyrically this album interested me becauseit is open for opinoin and can convey many messages other then just one. There were a lot of thoughts on lifes many problems and what people do or have done to make life worse. For instandce the song Divide focuses on having to run away from the law and it is about what happens when you get into serious trouble. There are a lot of things to think about when you listen to this album. The lyrics also represent a struggle to obtain freedom in our life. Very moving set of lyrics on this album, and the best song lyrically is Haunted. // 9

Overall Impression: Disturbed sticks out in my mind because they are so hard to classify as a specific genre, which makes their music so much more intriguing. Some would say that Disturbed is an Alternative band but I am leaning toward heavy metal, and there is a substantial difference. This album, I believe closes the case. Most of the songs on the album are heavy metal songs and can easily be noted so. Great album overall and I love Disturbed's singer, he is good, very good. This album could be the pinnacle of the band, best song overall is The Curse. // 9

Indestructible Reviewed by: Drool_Mouse, on february 27, 2009

Sound: This album is pretty much the stereotypical Disturbed sound. I mean, it's good, and enjoyable, but not necessarily amazing. It's a bit less of their older style, from "The Sickness" but it is obviously Disturbed, by David Draiman's voice, and the guitar work of Dan Donegan. I was pretty excited for this album to come out, but I think it fell a bit short. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics themselves, are decent at best. I mean, there is a lot more focus on relationships gone wrong on this album than on "Ten Thousand Fists" or even "The Sickness." Which isn't necessarily a problem, it's just a bit different from the regular Disturbed lyric vault. As always, David Draiman's delivery of the lyrics is extremely impressive. It is still strong, and powerful, but skillfully, it's not much a stretch or progression from what he has already done. Not that I expected too much expansion, but I was left wanting more after listening. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, this album fell short of my expectations. It was enjoyable, but it feels like a lot of the songs are just fillers between the few good stand-out songs. Too much filler. Some notable songs are: "Indestructible" "Inside the Fire" "Deceiver" and "Perfect Insanity." I love the Disturbed sound, and everything about it, but I do wish there was more of a stretch, more of a progression about the music on this album. If it were stolen, I'd more than likely buy it again. // 6

Indestructible Reviewed by: Runeon12, on may 11, 2010

Sound: The sound of Indestructibe was flawless, probably the best of any Disturbed album yet, but there was more melody than rock. Disturbed is slowly starting to move away from their original evil guitar playing, dark drumming, harsh vocals, and psycho bass playing, to more melodic type songs. Get back into gear Disturbed. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics of the songs on Indestructibe are slowly moving away from the themes in their other songs. As Distubed's albums began to progress, their evil themed songs started becoming not-so evil. Perfect Insanity and Inside the Fire were the closest things to dark and evil, but Perfect Insanity was a remake, so that just leaves Inside the Fire. Facade was about a girl who was tormented by her lover. Indestructible was about war and survival. The Night was about, well, surviving the night. And Divide, well, what the hell was that about? // 6

Overall Impression: My overall impression of Indestructibe (apart from my previous reviewing of the album) was pretty good. Although they stuck to melodics on this album, they still kept their rock theme, and they're also still there. David Draiman seemed to be stressing his voice move on this album than on Ten Thousand Fists and Believe. I found Perfect Insanity and Facade the highlight songs of the album, even though they had NOTHING do with the classical Disturbed. Keep on rocking! // 9

More Disturbed reviews rating latest review
+ The Lost Children 7 11/09/2011