El Ultimo En Pie Review

artist: Doberman date: 09/04/2007 category: compact discs
Doberman: El Ultimo En Pie
Release Date: 2007
Genres: Hard Rock
Doberman have released their best effort to date, an album which displays the band in it's finer shape doing what they can do best: play hard rock, and play it well.
 7.4
 8.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
El Ultimo En Pie Reviewed by: UG Team, on september 04, 2007

Sound: For those of you who have never heard anything from this band, picture it as a carnal, riff-based rock n' roll band. That's the best way to describe Doberman. This album is written in the same line as their 2005 self-titled album, displaying their in-your-face riffs, steady drum beats and accompanying bass lines. It is, however a step up from the aforementioned album, which was much more basic, both in the musical part and the lyrical part. // 8

Lyrics: Doberman has taken a lot from the good old AC/DC formula: women (Angel Caido, Si pudieras), alcohol (Veneno) and rock and roll (Dios del Rock). However, they pull it off in a fantastic way, managing to avoid falling in repetition. Besides the mentioned formula, they have lyrics for everything, from falling to pieces but picking yourself up (Bonanza), to remembering times gone by (Para Recordar), to standing your own ground (El Ultimo en pie). The singer sounds a lot like Bon Scott, making it even more similar to pre-Back in Black AC/DC. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, I really liked this CD. It reminded me a lot of their last production and old AC/DC albums, which can be seen as a good thing or a bad thing. I saw it as a good thing, since, in my opinion, their last work is a serious contender for the title of "Uruguay's best 2005 album". However, this could have been released as a double album with their first CD, since the similarities between them are striking. If I had to choose a favourite track, it would have to be Veneno. This would make a great addition to any hard rock fan's CD collection. To sum it up in one sentence: Doberman have released their best effort to date, an album which displays the band in it's finer shape doing what they can do best: Play Hard Rock, and play it well. // 9

Comments