Greatest Hits Review

doors: Greatest Hits
Release Date: Oct 15, 1996
Label: Elektra
Genres: Hard Rock, Album Rock, Rock & Roll, Psychedelic, Pop/Rock, Proto-Punk
Greatest Hits succeeds at distilling what was best about the Doors, although several compilations have duplicated the feat, notably 1985's double disc The Best Of The Doors.
 9.5
 8.9
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Greatest Hits Reviewed by: kjohnson08, on february 17, 2006

Sound: I love The Doors, they would have to be one of my favorite bands ever. Robbie Krieger is one of my favorite guitarist, Jim Morrison has one of the best voices in the history of music, Ray Mazerek plays a mean organ, and John, well, I don't him that much, but still an ok drummer. This album has two discs which feature some of the greatest such as "Break On Through," "Five To One," "Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)," "LA Woman," "Light My Fire" and more. They are freakin amazing and I love the sound of their music. definite ten. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing. Jim was an amazing song writer and singer. A little dark to say the least, but hey, that's Jim. // 10

Overall Impression: My over all impression I can't really put into words but I will try. Effing amazing. There, thats the best I can do. I love everything about it especially Robbie's guitar playing and Jim's voice. There is nothing I hate except the fact that they didn't put "Peace Frog" on this album. If it were lost or stolen, I would buy it again and then the rest of their albums. // 10

More Doors reviews rating latest review
+ The Soft Parade 8.6 06/10/2013