Inhuman Rampage Review

dragonforce: Inhuman Rampage
Release Date: Jan 10, 2006
Label: Sanctuary
Genres: Power Metal, Neo-Classical Metal, Heavy Metal
Here's a challenge for budding prog metallists everywhere ? it may be impossible to play your instrument as technically precise as these lads from London do on "Storming The Burning Fields."
 Lyrics: 8.2
 8.5
 8.6
 8.3
Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: dmxd, on may 02, 2006

Sound: DragonForce is one of the fastest, chaotic, cheesiest, awesomest (not a word but who cares) band that has ever happened to music. This CD is their 3rd and my favorite of the 3. It seems like every album gets better. Their singer is one of the best in the history of rock. Most new metal bands you'll hear these days the singer just screams (thus screamo). For one I cant stand it. So its a relief to hear a band be able to be this fast and not hear screaming over it. The guitarists are definetly one of the fastest out there. They do some crazy harmonies. The drummer is amazing. The bass is fast and the keyboards tie it all together for the perfect sound. // 10

Lyrics: I love the lyrics. A lot of people say they suck. But the whole point of them is to be cheezy. I love the whole medievil theme. The lyrics flow perfectly with the music. As I mentionted already the singer is amazing. He has an amazing voice. // 10

Overall Impression: The best songs on this album are: Through The Fire And Flames, Revolution Deathsquad, Operation Ground And Pound, Body Breakdown and Flame Of The Youth. I love everything about this album. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again without thinking twice about it. Its the perfect album for any metal head out there. // 10

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: Mastol, on october 09, 2006

Sound: "Inhuman Rampage" is the worst album I heard in 2006. All the songs have the same structure: melodic intro, then pouncing into high power singing, with swift double bass drumming; simple melodic chorus, plus some verses breaking into sequence of guitar and keyboards leads, ending with the same chorus, without any variation. Maybe some guitar players will find the guitar technique interesting (although I didn't, and I am a guitarist), but this album isn't worth any dollar or time. I preferrer more emotional solos and more complex riffs, not the same stuff repeated on and on in 8 songs. There isn't any feeling on this album, all the songs are fast without any direction and they too much long becasue all the fillers solos. // 4

Lyrics: The lyrics are also very stupid ["Rise over shadow mountains blazing with power!", or "Heroes of the night are calling See the promised land is falling"], it seems like the band played too much D&D. The vocalist sounds like very bad power metal singer, there isn't anything special expect the ordinary high singing. // 1

Overall Impression: Final conclusion: a very kitschy and boring album without any atmosphere or originality. After I heard it 2-3 times, I couldnt stand it anymore! All the songs sounds the same, expect the last song which sounds a little bit different. Stay away from "Inhuman Rampage"! // 3

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: dandyhandy17, on december 13, 2007

Sound: I go to a music store to take lessons. My guitar teacher told me that he went to a Dragonforce concert and the guitarists were insane! Well I went to the music store and bought this CD. I agree, the guitarists Herman Li and Sam Totman are ripping it up with harmony and fast picking. The opening song "Through the Fire and Flames" was probally one of the best. The lyrics rushed pretty quick and was a long song. "Cry For Eterity" was their next best song but it kinda sounded the same as the first. That's the only problem, almost all the songs sound the same. It drags on because all of them are over 5 minutes. But however, the drums have different beats which makes each song more unique. // 6

Lyrics: There is a problem with the lyrics; they all sound the same, and they speak so fast, you can't understand what they're saying and what the song is about. The lyrics are actually great cause I read the lyric book. If I could suggest to them, I would suggest to slow it down.The singers are actually not bad though. // 4

Overall Impression: My overall impresiion of this CD is a not bad. Their guitar playes are extremely skilled and playing nicely (which is what I like)although they sound the same for a lot of the songs (don't like).Their lyrics are good (like) except it's too fast and the singers sound the same don't like. It's a good band compared to a lot of others but not my favourite. If I lost it. I wouldn't buy it but would be pissed off. If it was stolen, I would find the thief and kill him cause it'll be a waste of $40. // 7

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: red-metal-head, on february 11, 2006

Sound: I saw an interview of these guys in a magazine and I was intregued. They themselves told the interviewer "The human brain can't handle our solos" or something along those lines. I am quite partial to a good solo (e.g. Kirk Hammet's solo on Master Of Puppets) so I thought I would go out and get they're album. I put it into the CD player and the first track, Through The Fire And The Flames, absolutely blew me away! They play really, really quickly but still keep a tune you can try and keep up with. // 9

Lyrics: They're lyrics seem a little weak (they repeat through the fire and the flames alot, throughout the album) and '80s metal cliche but the singer generally has a good voice. You look at modern metal these days and, though I like it, I can't say they're is great singing. It came as a surprise to hear this kind of voice with this kind of music, but I think the contrast is managed well. // 9

Overall Impression: My overall impression is simply this: it all kinda sounds the same. Though the notes the guitarists are playing change, it all revolves around the exact same timing and speed. Also though I say the singer has a good voice, he doesn't change his tone that often! If you were to take his lyrics from one song and replace them with another I'm sure there would not be much difference to the song. It is a shame to be honest they are excellent musicians, one guitarist even won "The Young Dimebag Darrel" trophy in 2004. Songs that stand out would be "Through The Fire And The Flames" and "The Flame Of Youth." Repeating flame again, anyway, it's worth a go for speed metal fans. // 8

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: Jimothy, on may 02, 2006

Sound: This is truly a band with no introduction, these tracks will constantly keep you on track, you will be choking to hear more. The whole album keeps up to par and all the instruments are as clear as a bell. What I love about the Dragonforce sound is that the whole thing isn't 'muddy' at all. As described above, it's all so very clear, and to top it all off, along with such a great sound, like their live performance, there are no fuck ups. I think that Dragonforce are aimed at being metal's first (correct me if I'm wrong) 'feelgood' group. Dance music and shite like that are meant to be 'feelgood' whilst metal is pure agression, Dragonforce are living evidence as to how wrong metal stereotypes are. // 10

Lyrics: Right, here's the deal, if you are really bothered about the content of the lyrics, the underlying message of the song. Stick with emo music, because these guys use their singer as an instrument, not some guy who pours his soul out about his AIDS-ridden girlfriend. In my opinion, the way ZP uses his voice with the lyrics is just so he can make the record sound as 'feelgood' as possible, and, sure as hell, he does. Hence, the repitition of the word 'fire' in the lyrics. This is an example of how the lyrics don't seem to matter on the record. In fact, if you search for Dragonforce in Wikipedia.com you'll get the typical biography, discography, etc. But also the most common words in the songs! // 10

Overall Impression: Nonetheless, in the end, Dragonforce are band who concentrate on the music, not the message! Chances are they don't give a shit about the war on Iraq, Glabal Warming and stuff, they just want to have a good time, if you've read interviews or had the pleasure of meeting them, it's fairly obvious that they don't, or at least they don't express it through their music. I know the three 10's do just give the impression that I'm just bumming the band. In fact, Iron Maiden and Trivium and others are my favourite groups. I'm not gonna give a favourite track, simply because I honestly haven't stopped listening to the record since it's UK release in January. Which is a testemant as to how good it really is. Emo's! Listen to Dragonforce and I guarantee that you'll stop crying. Jim gives this 10 haddocks out of 10. Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage is the record of the year. // 10

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: Guitar4life0000, on april 17, 2006

Sound: The band really showed their true potential in this album. They are still having their glass shattering vocals, turbo speed drums and insansly crazy guitars. The music is like power metal on steroids! This is one insane album. Lots of hamonies with the guitars and they even harmonize with harmonics! // 10

Lyrics: The singers' skills have always been great and he's always been one of my personal favorite singers. The only thing that I don't like in Dragonforce is the lyrics are hard to memorize because there are so much different lines in one song because they always change. Besides that, I think the lyrics are very powerful and they sound ready to slay the dragon! // 8

Overall Impression: Overall I think this is a lot better than the other Dragonforce albums (but they're all good). All the songs are impressive, but the greatest is Through The Fire And The Flames, and Revolution Deathsquad because I think they both show the bands true potential. The thing I love most about this album is the amazing speed because it's something I never heard before hearing Dragonforce. The only thing I hate about this album is that the lyrics are hard to memorize. If I lost this album, I'd definatly get it again. I would recommend this album to anyone who loves Power Metal and anyone who thinks they need faster music, this is about how fast it gets! // 9

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: Celticknife, on june 22, 2006

Sound: DragonForce claim that they are their own sub-genre of metal, being extreme power metal, and while a claim like that would sound boastful and arrogant for most bands, on hearing Inhuman Rampage it's fairly easy to see why these guys aren't like other power metal bands, or other bands in general. Hyperspeed guitars, double bass assaults, cheesy fantasy based lyrics, all the typical features of a power metal band are evident in DragonForce's music, however these guys just take these to a new level with their unrelenting tempo (the title of the album seems rather ironic, with their music sounding almost inhumanly fast) and the soaring vocals of ZP. Herman Li and Sam Totman may not technically be the best guitarists around but they sure can play. The only bad thing I can think of about this album is that after hearing all of the tracks more than a few times, they begin to sound rather similar, which is remedied by limiting your amount of DragonForce exposure. // 9

Lyrics: Something that most of my non metal loving fans intially failed to grasp is that there is not some hidden meaning behind these lyrics, infact there is no meaning at all, DragonForce use the formidible vocal talents of ZP Theart as another instrument, and once they understood this they appreciated the music a whole lot more. The lyrics are of the typical cheesy variety, a whole lot about swords and steel, fire and flames and lots of darkness, but then again if you are paying close attention to the vocals you probably aren't paying enough attention to the rest of the band. As mentioned earlier ZP is a talented singer who doesnt fail to use his entire range over the album, however too many people get caught up in the bad lyrics to appreciate his vocal talent. // 8

Overall Impression: Inhuman Rampage is the third album from DragonForce, and easily the best offering to date, with the band really living up to their extreme power metal tag. This album is great for most occasions, and is alot of fun, but the songs begin to sound the same after a while, however it is still well worth the purchase for fans of power metal. I don't really want to pick a favourite song, as they are all great but if I had to it would be Revolution Deathsquad, which was the first song I heard from DragonForce, and the one that convinced me to buy this album (and subsequently the others), and if this album was stolen or lost, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. // 9

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: Cal UK, on may 01, 2006

Sound: DragonForce are an extreme power metal band which is basically high pitched but not whiney vocals (similar to that of Iron Maiden on songs such as Run To The Hills) and very fast instruments normally at least 200bpm. Each song lasts for about seven minutes and they are all pretty much the same structure verse chorus verse chorus 3 minute solo chorus solo end. There is a lot of shredding and if that's not your kind of thing then I wouldn't really go for this album. However if you do you'll probably like this album. There aren't actually many riffs on this album it is mainly just shredding which I must say I'm not particularly a fan of. However if you like shredding, good vocals which change both tempo (there's a dodgy ballad at the end of the album) and pitch then this is probably your thing. Overall a 7. As the album seems to get tiring after about four listens. My favourite song is either Through the Fire and the Flames or Revolution Deathsquad. // 7

Lyrics: Well what can you say about a band like DragonForce their main lyrics seem to be to do with battles and war "In flames of this eternity we ride towards the fight." "Fighting hard fighting unforseen enemies." The vocals match the songs well and when the guitars aren't alone shredding they match the bass, drums and vocals perfectly and your carried away on some kind of crazy musical journey. The choruses are brilliant good to sing along to and built upto well and the vocals seem to be just right. // 9

Overall Impression: This was my first album by DragonForce and I am quite happy with it although it gets boring after around four listens. I really like the way the solos are often duets with both guitars harmonising as it sounds phenomenal and at the speed is just insane. I do not like how repetitive the song structure is and there could do to be some more variety. I find the songs to be better as background music while your doing something else rather than being there for you to concentrate on and listen intensely to. If this album got stolen I wouldn't buy again as I've already got the songs on my computer and there all a bit repetitive anyway. // 8

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: SunnDoobie, on july 04, 2006

Sound: When I first heard Dragonforce, I was surprised at the speed, and the fit and finish of the bands songs. The first time I heard them was from a friend, he showed my one of Herman Li's solo's, from that point on, I knew that I would have to listen to more. I mostly listen to metal and the sub-categories, but I beleive that they have earned a spot next to the rest of my cds. // 8

Lyrics: Throughout the CD, I noticed that there was in more than a couple songs, certain sentences were used more often than I would have used them. "Through The Fire And The Flames" was used in at least three songs. It wasn't a drawback, because he delivered the lyrics in each song in different ways, and tones/speeds. // 8

Overall Impression: Like Herman has stated in an interview, that they are unlike any other band, not that they are better, just different sounding. The most impressive song off the album is Cry For Eternity, it is the longest song, and the lyrics are just incredible. I really love all the solo's and interludes, and on the other hand I really only hate the last song, only because it is too slow. I beleive that this CD is for anyone that loves great instrument and lyrical work, do pick this CD up. // 9

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: larry jones, on september 12, 2006

Sound: Dragonforce is a band based almost entirely on it's speed and precision, a band that has produced some of the most technical music since bands like Tool or Dream Theater. Their unique sound builds upon Sam Totman and Herman Li's lightning fast, and sometimes cheezy, dual guitar work. The guitar solos are epic and blazingly fast, yet most of the songs tend to sound very similar to one another. However, the keyboarding is stepped up a notch as Vadim takes his musical prowess to a new level on the album. While the band hasn't changed it's sound since Sonic Firestorm, they still create one of the most original sounds in music today. // 9

Lyrics: There is undoubtable fanasty and epic stories about mystical creatures, video game adventures, and the subject matter of a typical Dio song. Although they may not be the most creative lyrics, the background singing adds melody and harmony to the already uplifting and inspirational song tones. While not the most original songwriter, ZP Theart follows in the footsteps of Dio, Helloween, and Maiden (in terms of singing/songwriting). // 6

Overall Impression: Placing themselves in the "extreme metal" genre is actually a reasonable call by the band. Dragonforce plays with such agility and accuracy; they really have created their own genre. Those who are more satisfied by simply technicality as opposed to true musicianship should buy this album immediately. Inhuman Rampage marks the beginning of a new genre: the self-entitled "extreme metal" genre that compares gracefully to Trivium and In Flames. // 8

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: Warheart1188, on october 11, 2006

Sound: The first time I heard this, I didn't catch who played it. I was completely blown away and I was like who is this? Then I found it was Dragonforce. I couldn't believe it! They've changed so much. This CD is without the fastest, most blowing album you'll hear this year and maybe even years to come (until the next DF CD). The solos have seemed to gotten way, way faster and more technical and more over the top. The solo section in "Revolution Deathsquad" is one of the top best features of the whole cd. The keyboardist is used a lot more and he's more diverse now and it really brings how talented he is. They still keep the extreme power metal sound but their overall mood and feel is different. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are great as usual. The outro ballad "Trail Of Broken Hearts" is beautifually written and feature tear wrenching solos. ZP Thearts vocals are at an all time high I would say. Though every song is very power metal-ish lyircal-wise, they're still great. // 10

Overall Impression: This is my favorite CD of the year. The sear speed and talent that these guys have is amazing and this album speaks for itself, especially with the title of the album. The CD sounds "Inhuman"! Just like with "Valley" I have multiple copies of this CD including a special digipack version which I don't listen to (for collecting purposes only). Dragonforce have outdone themselves with this album and it makes me wonder what could they possibly do next. // 10

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: con job, on december 04, 2006

Sound: Hearing Through the Fire And The Flames was one of the most jaw dropping occasions of my life. I went out and got this album, along with the rest of them, and I quickly came to realise that Through the Fire And The Flames is nothing compared to some other songs on this album. I'd never come across Dragonforce before, and I cursed the amount of thime I'd wasted not listening to these guys. These guys are proper artists, every single one of them. Z.P Theart, in particular, is an astonishing performer, his vocals are unmatched, and he is at his best on this album. Herman Li and Sam Totman are possibly the best guitarists on the planet. Vadim Pruzhanov is an excellent keyboard player, and Dave Mackintosh is an excellent drummer. The bassist, Adrian Lambert, only appears on a few tracks, but his cameos are awesome. However, I'm going to be as critical as I can (because proper reviews need to be). The drumming quickly begins to make you feel as if you've heard that beat before (you have on the previous track). The guitar solos can become somewhat drowned by the sheer longevity and quickness of them. Sometimes slow solos work better than lightening-fast ones. But Vad's keyboards are always a refreshing thing to hear, and Theart rarely puts a foot wrong on this record. What is most refreshing and original is the last track, Trail Of Broken Hearts. It'a powerful rock ballad, with some excellent melodic, slower than usual soloing (again, a good thing). But you still can't help but marvel at the raw talent these guys possess. // 7

Lyrics: These type of lyrics can sometimes get quite cheesy, but they tend not to on this album. Earlier DF outings, you felt as if the same theme was being stretched for a whole album. But Theart manages to make the lyrics sound largely improved, and when different members of the band contribute to the lyrics, it gives the songs some range of topic and style. And to top it all off, Theart's powerful voice adds pleasingly to these lyrics. // 9

Overall Impression: This is probably the best DF album yet, and it signals that there is more to come. However I don't like the way the bands talents are being used as a gimmick now (e.g. the Operation Ground And Pound video, which blatantly exploits the talents of Li and Totman). The best songs are Revolution Deathsquad, Storming The Burning Fields, Body Breakdown(best vocal performance on album), Cry For Eternity and Trail Of Broken Hearts. For some people, it can and will get boring, but pulling this off the rack once in a while is an intense experience. Recommended for guitar players especially. // 8

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 27, 2006

Sound: That was the first word that could pop into my head when I heard the twin opening riffs of Herman Li and Sam Totman. They are quite possibly without a doubt some of if not the fastest guitar players on the planet. The opening song, "Through The Fire And Flames" really gets you into the album. What's cool about it is that you hear the harmony between the electric and acoustic guitar, which is rare in today's metal. The solos these two guys pull off are incomprehensible. It's like taking a Metallica or AC/DC (respectively two of my most favorite bands of all time) and putting them on fast forward. My favorite solo(s) on the album is probably the one on "Operation Ground And Pound". The last solo of Li is off the charts. When he said "our solos are incomprehensible to the human mind" he did nothing but speak the honest truth. Last but not least, I also tip my hat to the drummer and keyboardist, Dave Mackintosh and Vadim Pruzhanov, who lay down the most awesome rhythm sets in metal today. // 10

Lyrics: ZP Theart sings about one thing that I haven't heard any other lead singer except Bruce Dickenson of Iron Maiden sing about: fantasy. Not many singers sing about that sort of stuff anymore. Why not is what I want to know. I mean, it'a creative and it usually sounds very good. A lot of people say that he can't sing and that he shouldn't be fronting DragonForce. What I would like to know is, who could be better? At least he not like the rest of the other metal singers, who just scream their heads off and no one can tell what they are saying. Also, not many people know that Totman wrote nearly all of the songs on the album. This shows that a guitarist can be mind-blowing and write very creative songs. // 10

Overall Impression: The first time I heard DragonForce, it was on the 5 minute music video of the song "Operation Ground and Pound". It completely blew my mind away! These guys are not only fast, but they are incredible musicians. Li and Totman aren't like the other metal guitarists who just bash 3 chords and think it's cool and sounds amazing, and ZP doesn't just scream his head off like the other heavy metal singers. This band is not like any of the other metal bands out there. They are super talented and a "DragonForce" (sorry for the bad pun) to be reckoned with. I now have a new found respect for the new metal genre thanks to these guys (I am an enormous fan of 70's and 80's rock, such as AC/DC, my #1 favorite band, and Ted Nugent). They have opened my eyes to a whole new metal experience. // 10

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: Genetix, on february 06, 2007

Sound: By buying this album you'll get the best of the best of all Metal bands. Although they aren't known for being particularly good at live shows, they are known for their freakin fast sound and for their awesome guitarists. Not only they are fast, they are just what music should be: good to hear. They call themselves "the extreme metal band", and if you decide to buy this CD, you'll understand why. All you need to know is that their sound is flawless. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics aren't particularly great, but they aren't bad either, they are just fine and fits the music perfectly. But I doubt you'd ever buy a DragonForce CD for the lyrics, right? Also it's a matter of personal taste. ZP Theart (yes it's his real name) has a quite powerfull voice and usually he don't scream, although there's still room for improvement as sometimes I feel like he would be a bad singer if there weren't backing vocals. // 7

Overall Impression: I think the best songs are Throught The Fire and Flames and maybe Storming the Burning Fields. Trust me, if it were lost, I'd buy it again. Overall, they are even more melodic, fast and powerfull than they were in the previous albums. That's all I could ask. // 9

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: aenimafist, on june 19, 2007

Sound: I really appreciate the sound of the guitar amps they use in correlation to the keyboards because it ads an almost mystical effect to the music. Herman and Sam are amazing guitarists and in my book are in the guitarist hall of fame. Their solos in all of the songs are all spectacular but the best ones are in Through the Fire and Flames and Operation Ground and Pound. The keyboardist is quite excellent as well and the drummer is very good at playing fast. // 10

Lyrics: The singer has a higher voice than most metal vocalists which is an interesting change of pace. The intensity of the vocals is nowhere near as violent as that of Exhumed or others so when you hear him sing about battling through life and waging rival wars, it gives a very interesting perspective as to what the band is really trying to comunicate to the listener. // 9

Overall Impression: They sound more or less like Hammerfall or even Iron Maiden at times which would appeal to classic metallers. The best songs for me are within the first four and they are Through the Fire and Flames, Revolution Deathsquad, and Operation Ground and Pound. They all add a quick and fast paced start to the first half of the only 8 track album. I wish there were more songs. // 9

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: MegaMaidenMan, on august 13, 2007

Sound: When I first bought this album, I had high expectations, because their previous album (Sonic Firestorm) is a power metal masterpiece. But I knew it was going to be a great album when I heard "Through the Fire and Flames". I perfect power metal anthem from the beginning to end. The musicianship is great (too bad Herman Li and Sam Totman are always drunk as a monkey live and sometimes mess up on their parts). ZP Theart displays the generic power metal voice which I love sooo much, dave displays so trememdous drumming which has to be fast to keep up with herman and sam. Vadim plays so excellent keys, the intro to Through the Fire and Flames is metal-horn worthy. The guitar is great, lots of nintento noices which adds to their music and making it that much more awesome. Herman and Sam played much more technical guitars then on their previous albums, but this sometimes causes them to screw up live, but hey, no ones perfect. Some great bass playing, exspecially in "Body Breakdown" by the ex-bass player Adrian Lambert, very skilled. And in a few of the songs you can hear some gutteral vocals courtosy of herman and sams ex-bandmate from their black metal days, Lindsay Dawson, which makes it even more unique from most power metal, which usually has only clean voices, but it works for the songs. // 9

Lyrics: There lyrics are pretty stereotypical power metal, but has their ever been anything wrong with that. I personally love the lyrics, they always get me fired up and ready for anything. Very fantasy themed about epic battles, quests, fighting demons, crushing evil. Songs usually don't have a particular theme to them, but it doesnt't do nething to make the songs worse, I personally love the lyrics, which are sung beautifully by south african ZP Theart (Yes, it's ZP, it does not "stand" for anything). He has a beautiful voice that adds to the music and makes dragonforce great. // 9

Overall Impression: If it wasn't for this album, power metal would not be becoming popular, this was the break-trough record power metal was waiting for. Now kids who are getting into dragonforce are discovering a world of fantasy and beauty and are discovering vetern power metal artists who deserve our praise, such as Blind Guardian, Galneryus, Stratovarius, etc. My favourite songs from the Album are "Storming Through The Burning Fields", "Through The Fire And Flames', and "Trail Of Broken Hearts". This CD is a must have for the power metal fan. If someone stole this CD, I'd rip out their heart. // 10

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: totalxanarchy, on november 21, 2007

Sound: Before I heard Dragonforce, I thought that the guys from Avenged Sevenfold were the most insane musicians I'd ever heard. No offense to A7x, but their music sounds like childrens music compared to the ass-kickedness that is Dragonforce. Really, this album isn't made up of songs, more like one massive guitar solo with words and rhythm parts added. 01. Through The Fire And Flames - one of my new all-time favorite songs. When I first heard it my mind was severely blown and when I first saw the music video I almost cried and wet myself. They mix the most intricate parts together and play side-along solos perfectly. I also like the hardcore keyboard parts that go along with it. 02. Revolution Deathsquad - I think I had an orgasm when I heard this song. The lyrics cut out at 3 minutes in and then it goes into one of the most insane solos I've ever heard. They mix in what sounds like classical music with parts of the solos, which sounds really cool. 03. Storming The Burning Fields - an extremely fast song that makes you realize how godly everyone in Dragonforce is. 04. Operation Ground And Pound - another one of my favorite songs, with insanely fast drums, bass, and keyboards, and amazing guitar. 05. Body Breakdown - another one of my favorites, with just amazing awesomeness, and one of the coolest bass riff/solos I've ever heard. 06. Cry For Eternity - an awesome song, with scrathy backing vocals and even more insane guitar. Imagine that. 07. The Flame Of Youth - another awesome song on this album with more awesome guitars and all other instruments, which I totally wasn't expecting after every other song before it being so godly. 08. Trail Of Broken Hearts - a good song, but probably my least favorite song on this album. It's just too slow and doesn't really match with the rest of the album. // 10

Lyrics: When I first heard this band, I thought that they must be a '90s band, because of the lack of screaming vocals. When I found out that they started out in 1999, I was amazed how they weren't put under the screaming influence. But if they were a screaming band, the vocals wouldn't go nearly as perfectly with the music as they do without. Sometimes listening to this album, you just get lost in the song so the vocals just flow into the instruments. I also liked how they don't cuss in the recordings at all, so I could show it to my dad who loves insaneness, and not feel uncomfortable whenever they drop f-bombs. Frederic's scratchy backup vocals also go perfectly with the music, and really complement ZP's singing. // 10

Overall Impression: After hearing this, no other band can ever replace its space in my heart. No matter how hard they would ever try, they never could. It is just the perfect album if you like heavy music, but not screaming that much. Pretty much every song on the album amazed me, and I love everything about it. I hate nothing about it, it's just too perfect. If I ever lost it, I would go to the band members and beg on my knees for another copy, instead of taking the boring way and going to Best Buy and searching for another copy, finding it, looking at more CDs, and have your retarded friend buy the only copy of it while you aren't watching. // 10

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 08, 2008

Sound: Dragonforce is a band that has a certain greatness like no other too it. Their music brings out an image into my mind of a magnificient group of Gods breaking through the clouds in the sky to infuse the people of earth with their music (rescueing them with it). It revitalizes any spirit. Dragonforce brings out what I like to call Orchestral Metal and even brings me to remind myself of the old days of playing Mega Man for the Super NES. The fast paced power metal that they do inspires me. // 10

Lyrics: The singer can project his voice quite well and it shows throughout the CD. Combined with the "rising star"-like lyrics it makes a resounding epic of voice trail through the skies of the earth. The lyrics are very deep, somewhat emotionally, but more deep as in picturesque. I have had a few moments where I felt like he sounded like the dude singing the original Poke'mon theme song (although very rare). // 9

Overall Impression: Many people say Dragonforce uses the same pattern in every song and all their songs sound the same. They don't know what they are talking about. The CD, Inhuman Rampage, is literally an Album for a new age of Metal. Of course you have the famous "Through The Fire And Flames", then we have "Operation Ground And Pound", and for a step slower than normally (bringing diversity to the CD) there is "Trail Of Broken Hearts". Honestly, there are not many bands I would compare this too. If I had to choose between Ozzy and DF, then Ozzy would win, but between something such as Metallica and DF, I would choose Dragonforce. I would definitly buy this album for my friends so they can listen to the awesome hammer-ons and pull-offs of DF. // 9

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: Azdogga, on june 19, 2006

Sound: Dragonforce are a stepping stone in power metal history. They have a fantastic new sound and have clicked power metal up a gear. Dragonforce are fantastic songwriters and musicians. This is their latest album and features 'Through The Fire And Flames', which is quite possibly their greatest song yet. Every song ranges from 5 to 8 minutes, with at least one minute-long solo in each tune. Oh yeah, and each song goes at about a million miles per hour! It is great to hear something new that stands out from the crowd. They have a keyboardist, who makes interesting little noises inbetween the fanatical drumming and breathtaking guitar work; It's something I have never heard in a band before. They get a little repetative but the music is so good, who cares? // 10

Lyrics: Dragonforce have a magnificent singer. He has a great vocal range and has the ability to sing in many different styles and shapes. The lyrics slot in with the music perfectly. He is the best vocalist for a metal band around at the moment. // 10

Overall Impression: This compares to nothing. Because nothing can be compared with Dragonforce. They are Gods in their own right. They have huge musical talent and should go a long way. It's better than both of their earlier albums. I think that they still have yet to get their career defining album. Rest assured it will rock the world and quite possibly put Metallica into retirement. I love everything about Inhuman Rampage. If it were stolen, I would hunt down the guy who did it, put him in a sound-proof room and make him listen to "April Sun In Cuba" (produced by Dragon, it's easily the most dullest song to be considered a 'classic') 1000 times over. // 10

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: Reviewer Jordan, on november 11, 2008

Sound: Dragonforce. a high-speed, fast beated, solo-filled, Metal band. Herman Li and Sam Totman do an excellent job of making IMPOSSIBLE solos and insane riffs!! They got most of their popularity in america from Guitar Hero 3, Through the fire and the flames, as featured in this album, Which is the hardest song on the game. Many say that Herman 'Cheats' with a pedal that makes it go fast and sound like he's playing a bunch of good notes. BULL! He's proven himself in concert when he misses 20% of his notes and the singer comes in and everyone says "who died?" and that missing notes thing proves that he doesnt't fake in concert. But what about in the studio? Herman Li said for Guitar world that "In the studio were perfection freaks and make sure we hit every note, but in concert were running around and having fun, not really caring. And in a response to saying they suck in concert, Herman response, "Well pay a lot and you can see us play badly, live!" // 7

Lyrics: ZP Theart. He's a decent singer, but not 'metal'. he sounds like basic rock. With a deeper more Metal-like voice, They would be a better band. but ZP Theart doesnt't add together with the band. Although the singer never sings, they should still have a more Metal singer, or call themselves a heavy rock band, at highest. // 6

Overall Impression: They compare to no one to me. there is very little bands that has more solo than lyrics. but I enjoy listening to the guitar going crazy of solos. that's almost more entertaining than listening to the lyrics. but somehow DragonForce isn't in my top list, which has many bands in it, so it's not like it's hard to get into. I don't like how hard it is to learn a song by them, not just because of the diffuculty of the songs, but the length of each song, and the length of the solos. I love the solos though, I guess it's more of a cover band, not something a band would want to do a cover on. My favorite songs in the album is Through the fire and flames, Revolution deathsquad, Operation groundpound, Body Breakdown, And cry for eternity. Most songs are entertaining by Dragonforce, but I would not buy this CD again if something were to happen to it. That wouldn't be worth it to me. // 7

Inhuman Rampage Reviewed by: The Aux, on march 04, 2009

Sound: "Sound" well it turns out that the infamous dragonforce can't actually play there songs at the spead on the cd. They have actually sped there music up in the studio through technology. Music sounds great but it's sad that they can't even play there own music. // 10

Lyrics: "Lyrics" The lyrics are amazing unlike their skills I am very impressed that these guys can write like that. I love the lyrics to Through The Fire And The Flames, excellent in every way except knowing they can not play the song. I think that dragonforce should consider just writing songs for people who have the talent to play those songs. I'm sure DF are musically gifted, but not in the way they fooled us. They have to have some talent of course but they are to hammered to realize anything good or bad, right or wrong // 10

Overall Impression: "Overall Impression" Dragonforce you need to learn how to play your music without speeding it up in the studio. It might be a lot easier if you weren't hammered all the time. "rockstars" today really tick me off, they have lost what being a musician truly means and it is sickining. Yes The Beatles smoked all sorts of crap but they didn't get so messed up that they forgot why they were, where they were. They became a legend because they didn't forget. Dragonforce is a joke no one likes them anymore. I personally hate them. To each there own // 10

More Dragonforce reviews rating latest review
+ The Power Within 8.5 04/17/2012