Astronomy Review

artist: dragonland date: 04/21/2011 category: compact discs
dragonland: Astronomy
Released: Nov 13, 2006
Genre: Power metal, Progressive metal, Melodic Death metal
Label: Century Media (Europe, North America), King Records (Japan)
This album is a symphonic metal masterpiece, the first time I had a listen it totally blew me away.
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Astronomy Reviewed by: stevenrock, on april 21, 2011

Sound: This album is a symphonic metal masterpiece, the first time I had a listen it totally blew me away, Dragonland are not all that well know but if your are not familiar with them I could not recommend them more. Throughout the album Dragonland have shown more and more creativity, there albums just get better and better. The solos in the album also have a very unique sound and I would say Olof Mrck (the lead guitarist) is one of the greatest inspirations to me when writing solos. I can't wait until there new album is released "the return" and I have high hopes for it, according to the band it will be released some time this year (2011) the band has recently resigned so hopefully the new album is well on the way. (Personally my favourite track is Cassiopeia) this album features part VI of the book of shadows which leads on from there previous album Starfall, Dragonland sometimes will tell a story though there music and the this can be seen from the old house on the hill tracks. // 10

Lyrics: Dragonland have used some screamo bits in this album which I rather like but I personally would not like it if the regularly started using that in all there songs, I believe it has most Impacted when only used on occasions like on this album, this is because Jonas Heidgert has an amazing voice and sceamo bits can damage the voice. // 10

Overall Impression: Epic would describe this album in one word, if you like this album I would also reccomend Fairyland, Dragonforce and Rhapsody of Fire. If this album was lost I would without question buy it again but I would never lose it because I like it to much and usally have on my CD rack next my bed. If it was stolen I would hunt done the f**ker who took it and take it back. // 10

More Dragonland reviews rating latest review
+ Starfall 9.3 09/09/2009