Telegraph Review

drake bell: Telegraph
Release Date: Aug 23, 2005
Label: Nine Yards
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock
For those curious, his voice is pleasantly raspy and there's always a sense of unapologetic know-how in his delivery, without the bratty psuedo-punk attitude that litters many a radio station.
 8.6
 8.3
 8.8
Telegraph Reviewed by: MusicLover99, on july 19, 2011

Sound: Drake Bell's debut album is such a breath of fresh air... Yes he is from tv and played in a very succesful teen comedy show but this is the normal debut from a teen actor. Bell and his writting partner Michael Corcora has produced what I believe to be one of the greatest debut albums ever. The sound isn't your normal teen "I love you" throw away songs that normally come with actors/music artists. The songs are deep and meaningful. Bell & Corcoran songs are heavy influenced by The Beatles, Beach Boys & Jellyfish, but this album is pure rock n roll at its best. // 10

Lyrics: Lyricly this album is very deep (but not in a way that you can't enjoy the music), you really have to listen to the songs to understand the true meanings. Styles of the songs are pure rock for example "Don't Preach" is just rock at its best but they are mixed with slower songs such as "Telegraph" which pefectly ends the album with Bell and just the piano. Lyricly and musicly it is amazing and when you hear it it's hard to believe he was only 16 when he wrote these songs. Bell has shown himself as a great musician and singer on his debut album. // 10

Overall Impression: Personally its in my top 10 of all time greatest albums. The most impressive songs on the album are "Somehow" which has a deep hidden meaning and goes from an acoustic song to totally rocking out and the outro is an amazing jazzy piano. In The End is another impressive song, "Don't Preach" total rocks out and the end track "Telegraph" is one of the finest piano/singer tracks I've heard. I also love "The BackHouse" which is a reference to the studio the album was produced in plus Micheal Corcoran's stagename is "BackHouse Mike", it is a very short track which many reviewers have dismissed but its a fun track and very cool. I love everything about this album. From the "Intro" which is very cool until "Telegraph" at the end. If it was to be stolen/lost I would 100% buy it again, I couldn't live without this album. // 10

Telegraph Reviewed by: mgilesfan27, on february 20, 2006

Sound: This kid is gonna be big one day. Overall the CD is really good, but it's kind of weird listening to because all three of the songs are on Drake And Josh, so it's weird. But then on some other songs he like jams out on the piano which is goo d but not for me, so out of ten songs, there is 12 on the cd but there is an intro and the backhouse song is like eight seconds long, I really like 6 of them but going in consideratioon that three, In The End, I Found A Way, and Down We Fall, is weird listening to. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics were amazing much better than what I can do, Drake wrote 9/10 songs and all of them were amazing lyrics the music for two of them was questionable though. My favorite as of now is Somehow, "She falls to her knees, screaming God please, make something of me." Great lyrics and he just about screams those lyrics and it's amazing. // 9

Overall Impression: Telegraph's best songs are Somehow And Circles, they are great songs. If I lost it I have the songs copied to my computer but I would make another copy I wouldn't buy it again. // 8

Telegraph Reviewed by: minoti, on april 29, 2006

Sound: Drake Bell probably isnt the worlds best singer. But he doesnt have to be. His music is so refreshing, you wonder why he wasnt handed a record deal a long time ago when he was just that kid on The Amanda Show. I expected this album to contain only a few good songs. But now I cant decide which one is the best. The songs are all different and even have a few unexpected turns in them (like the end of Highway To Nowhere and Somehow). // 9

Lyrics: Drake's main strength is his songwriting. With just one listen you can tell that this guy has amazing songwriting talent. Writing wise, the best songs are probably 'Somehow' and 'Down We Fall'. With all the other songs the strength lies more in the music than the lyrics, although the lyrics are also great. // 8

Overall Impression: This is one of my favourite albums and I truly believe that it should have better marketing. This album is what music is all about and I love all 10 songs (Intro and Backhouse don't count as songs) on the album. I still can't decide which song is the best. If it were stolen/lost I would definitely get it again. I cant stop listening to it. Because Drake's dad was wrong. Drake doesn't suck. He isn't lousy. And he can totally write. Right? // 9

Telegraph Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 03, 2008

Sound: It sounds really good. I think "Drake and Josh" launched his music career to the next level. The album "Telegraph" features "I Found A Way" the theme song for "Drake and Josh". "Hollywood Girl" featured in "Drake and Josh Go Hollywood" and including hit signals like "Highway to Nowhere" and "Don't Preach" (also featured in "Drake and Josh Go Hollywood"). The song "Circles" is on the CD too. // 6

Lyrics: I think Drake Bell has a good chance being a really good song writer. Also, if it dosn't work out he is still a good actor. So the Lyrics have stuff that say about his life like "I Found A Way" that means to me at least that you have found a way out of the situation. So I think the Lyrics are really solid in "Telegraph". // 6

Overall Impression: The songs are impressive and Drake Bell dosn't scream the words like "Metalica" I mean it's heavy metal and it's good but Drake Bell you can actually here if he singing instead of yelling it has a rythem like "Nickelback", "Train" "Yellowcard" and even "Rascal Flatts" so if you herd some of his songs buy his album. Drake Bell also had a new album already out called "It's Only Time" with new songs including a remix of "I Found A Way" and a new song called "I Know". // 9

Telegraph Reviewed by: Huggybear999, on december 22, 2008

Sound: Drake Bell is a alternative artist best known from his star role in TV series Drake and Josh. Most of the songs from Telegraph are based on the television series e.g. Hollywood Girl, I Found A Way and Down We Fall. Drake and his band use some alternative and some pop rock songs in this album. Drake also helped Miranda Cosgrove do the theme to her hit show iCarly. // 8

Lyrics: Drake Bells lyrics are always catchy and easy to follow. Once you here a song you can't stop singing it. He likes singing happy lyrics like songs that people will actually enjoy. The lyrics go well with the music in terms of key and timing which makes people like it so much. His skills in his vocals are great when it comes to pop and blues music. // 7

Overall Impression: The album compares to the album I Don't Want To Go To School by The Naked Brothers Band and Miranda Cosgroves new album because they are all in the genre zone of each other. My personal favorites are probably, Highway To Nowhere, Hollywood Girl, I Found A Way and Down We Fall. I like the fact it has lots of catchy riffs and genres and if it was stolen I'd buy it again definatley! // 8

More Drake Bell reviews rating latest review