Catch Without Arms Review

artist: dredg date: 03/31/2006 category: compact discs
Released: Jun 21, 2005
Genre: Rock
It's amazing. If you are a Dredg fan you definatly need to listen. If your not, you still need to listen!
 9.3
 9.6
Catch Without Arms Reviewed by: punkman_123, on march 31, 2006

Sound: The sound of this album is the most unique you will ever find. Dredg implements so many different styles it is literally impossible to place them in a genre bracket. Their musical, lyrical, and theme diversity all add together to produce a new brand of perfection. It is beyond anything I have heard. // 9

Lyrics: The lead singer has a great voice, which is becoming less and less common in today's music industry. He, like Dredg's music on a whole, is extremely diverse. There has obviously been a lot of thought and experience poured into this album, and this is evident in the lyrics of the title track "That's what happens when you play catch without arms/It's what sets, sets, sets us apart." Outstanding. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is impossible to compare to any other. There is something in it for absolutely anyone and I think you will find that you will enjoy it the whole way through, no matter who you are. Dredg are such a lovable band. They don't receive half the recognition they deserve. // 9

Catch Without Arms Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 06, 2005

Sound: This album is underrated perfection. It starts out with maybe the best song on the album, Ode To The Sun, and at once, you understand why I love this. Gavin Hayes. The singer of the band. The musicianship on this cd is fantastic. It's varied and smooth. Songs like Sang Real with a piano part near orgasmic, Jamais Vu, Matrhoska and the song Catch Without Arms, their all fantastic. The clean guitar sound is brilliant and accompanies Gavins voice fantastic. // 10

Lyrics: Gavin Hayes is amazing. I like how he almost sreams in the chorus on Ode To The Sun, and it all seems so easy, naturally and beautiful. But still, this isnt what stands out the mos, thats the melodies. I havent read all the lyricsso I won comment those so much. // 10

Overall Impression: Dredg is an up and coming band. They have released three CDs and they are all very different for eachother, this can be good. But also bad 'cause if they change style they might lose old fans. The overall impression is fantastic, but their is something I don't like. Sometimes it gets a bit boring, and I dont really know, maybe the put in some not so good parts so it didn't become the perfect album? For me, this might be the album of the year. I don't know why I am giving it a 4 on overall impression, I just want to. // 8

More Dredg reviews rating latest review
+ Chuckles And Mr. Squeezy 5.4 05/05/2011