El Cielo Review

Tones: Brooding, Theatrical, Passionate, Indulgent, Dramatic, Ambitious
Styles: Alternative Metal, Post-Grunge, Neo-Prog
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
El Cielo Reviewed by: poondenda, on november 25, 2003

Sound: This is one of the most amazing albumns I have heard in a while. It has a very fresh, very natural sound. It's got kind of an earthy vibe to it, it's very smooth and cohesive. I'm not sure exactly how to categorize it - it sounds a lot like pink floyd but much smoother. Really has to be heard to understand. The drums and guitar fit perfectly with eachother flowing liquid beats to somewhat heavier sections. The vocalist has a great voice and really kicks some serious ass. I've listened to this albumn at least 30 times and still find it interesting. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are fairly deep, and they preach a simple lifestyle and appreciating the true joys of life such as nature and emotion. Good lyrics and a brilliant singer. // 10

Overall Impression: This is just a brilliant disc. If you buy it you win, straight up. It's very well produced, and has a unique sound. I've never heard anything quite like it. This music is so beautiful sometimes I seriously get chills listening to it. If you like music that is well written, complex, and pretty mellow you will love this CD. // 10

More Dredg reviews rating latest review
+ Chuckles And Mr. Squeezy 5.4 05/05/2011