Driveblind Review

Genres: Rock
Number Of Tracks:
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Driveblind Reviewed by: rob_acoustic, on march 08, 2007

Sound: They come at you fast, slow and even in a jogging motion and you still can't get enough of them! This band who are from Europe are one of the most underrated bands out right now. They have more of a punch then U2, sound even better than Bono in my opinion and even use an organ. This band's sound is the freshest thing I've heard since well, since Guns N' Roses Use Your Illusion days. They use a variety of sounds and techniques on this album, but it isn't far enough away that every song sounds like it should be on a different album. From the song "I Know You" and "Autumn Red" you couldn't tell if this was the band's first album. Great sound, great vocals, great overall band! // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album aren't nothing fantastic, but I was amazed at how the singer's melody went with the music so well and it all sounds so gelled and glued together with something stronger then superglue. The lyrics are confessional, personal, and agressive in some points. No screamo here, this is a real rock band, one that this pathetic era in music needs with all of your hip hop and rap. // 7

Overall Impression: I got this album at Walmart for 8.64+ tax. You can't beat that. It is well worth the money and I can't stop listening to them. They are great live also, I saw them play with Candlebox in August of 2006. They aren't the best band ever, but they do hold a place in the spotlight that they haven't gotten yet. A solid debut from Driveblind. Check out "I Know You", "Autumn Red" and "Raised At Midnight". Those songs should satisfy you and this review. // 8

Comments