Sing Loud, Sing Proud! Review

artist: dropkick murphys date: 12/08/2006 category: compact discs
dropkick murphys: Sing Loud, Sing Proud!
Released: Feb 6, 2001
Genre: Rock
Tones: Angst-Ridden, Aggressive, Brash, Fiery, Energetic
Styles: Hardcore Punk, Punk Revival, Oi!, Skatepunk
 9.4
 9.8
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
Sing Loud, Sing Proud! Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 09, 2004

Sound: The music is a neat combination of punk, irish folk and oi that only the Dropkick Murphys can produce. Now I'm not a huge punk fan, I'm more into pop-punk and emo but this CD really blew me away. It must be the energy these guys put out. Every song is full of it. Most of the songs just have drums, bass, guitar, and vocals but they also have a tin whistle/mandolin player and a bagpiper Spicy Mc Haggis (who has now left the band and they got a new guy, but there is a cool song on SLSP about Spicy). All in all great music. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics aren't as good as Blackout which deals alot with famine and trying to survive in a new county, but they are still okay. Probably the best lyrical song is "Forever" or "the Torch". There singer isn't all that bad for an Irishman. He's better than their old singer in my opinion. Still not the best though. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall it's a decent CD. Definitely worth buying if you are into the Bouncing Souls or Flogging Molly. And ever if you don't like that stuff, it's still good. The best songs on the CD are "the Gauntlet", "Caps and Bottles", and "Which side Are You On?" I think it's worth buying. // 8

Sing Loud, Sing Proud! Reviewed by: cmsurvive11, on december 08, 2006

Sound: First time I heard the Dropkick Murphy's I almost jumped out a window, the music's that energenic. Sing Loud Sing Proud is a great album which combines everything that made punk fun and mixes it with good old rock 'n' roll. I love the fact that they really have on Sing Loud Sing Proud kept their irish rock sound with the same old fun rythem. All of the songs on the album have some form of a story invovled, my personal favorite is Hero's Of Our Past, it's absolutetly the crazyiest song on the album but easily a classic from DM. For gosh sakes there's even a frickin bag pipe solo in it, how awesome. // 10

Lyrics: As I said above, every song really has some story behind it, the lyrics really are fantastic though. Spicy Mchagis is easily one of the best lyrical one's on the album. The chorus is sort of hard to hear but you really don't need to because the song is too fun to give a crap. Hero's Of Our Past has some good lyrics same with Stand Up And Fight. // 10

Overall Impression: There is no comparison to the Dropkick Murphy's. Their in a category of their own, they really are the best punk band out there. They don't care about fame or glory just music and having a great time. You can tell when they made Sing Loud Sing Proud they are very passionate at what they do, very powerfull. The irish influence only makes this album that much better. Many people try to compare the Murphy's to Flogging Molly but truthfully the Murphy's are much more of an Irish Punk band then Molly. Anyway I suggest this album to anyone looking for some good old fashion punk rock. // 10

More Dropkick Murphys reviews rating latest review