Raro Review

7.7
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Raro Reviewed by: Spitz13, on july 12, 2007

Sound: My first impression when I heard the CD, was that it was pretty normal rock/pop sound, nothing out of the usual. But after hearing some of the main hits of the album such as: Ya no se que hacer conmigo, Hoy Estoy Raro, and listening to the lyrics, I realized that the band adds it's own sound to each of their songs. The album launched the band to the top of uruguayan rock, winning them 7 Graffiti prizes (uruguayan rock) out of the 7 they were nominated for, including best song of the year, best album of the year, and best video of the year. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics are without a doubt the best part of the whole CD. The band members are people that suround their every day life with funny stuff. Before the band reached fame, they would get together and film made up news shows and interviews with funny topics. Their funny lifestyles are impresed into the lyrics. The lyrics made me laugh first time I heard them, and still do to this day. The lyrics go awesome wth the music such as 'Ya no se que hacer conmigo' and 'Yendo a la casa de Damian'. Singer skills vary froms song to song, most of the songs are sung by "Rover" the main guitarist and vocalist, but some are sung by "Santi" the bands bassist, and a couple by Alvin and Riki the bands drummer and second guitarist. // 10

Overall Impression: This is defenately the bands best album yet. It gives the band a whole new appeareance and puts them at the top of uruguayan rock. Some of the most impresive songs are "Yendo A La Casa De Damian" that won the band the best song and video of the year in uruguayan rock, another great hit was "Ya No Se Que Hacer Conmigo" and "Hoy Estoy Raro". I love how the lyrics make the band completely unique as they adapt their own style of music. If someone would steal this CD from me, I would defenately buy it again. A must listen for everyone. // 8

Comments