Eternity Into Darkness Review

elctrikchair: Eternity Into Darkness
Released: 2004
Label: Dust2Dust
Genre: Rock
This is Elctrikchair's debute independent record which lead to them being on Dust2Dust Records.
 7.4
 9.3
 5.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Eternity Into Darkness Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 29, 2005

Sound: The band has a death/black metal sound with a progressive twist. The album was produced by master producer Dave Otero (Cephalic Carnage). He did an amazing job capturing this extreme sound. The copy I possess is a demo copy sent by the band even though they are signed to Dust2Dust Records. They use a power metal overtones with aggressive drumming. They then always move into a black metal riff with extreme shredding. The only beef I have with this cd is the drums were mixed too low and some of the bm vocals were too high like Nokturnal Mortums. This bound has a gtround breaking sound for sure. // 8

Lyrics: They embraced a lot of politics on this record. On the opening track "Carpathian Forest" they attacks Nazis and christians in a intelligent and poetic way. Corrupt Scene hailed indi bands and thrashed on pathetic fans and cheating promoters. I was baffled on some of the titles compared to the lyrics since carpathian forest had nothing to do with a carpathian forest. Singer Andrew Rodriguez blew me away with his ranges. He did all of the vocals except back up on shadows of death. He will go from power metal vocals to a death and black metal vocal. // 10

Overall Impression: Great first effort. I'd like to hear a full album to see where this new sound goes. All the song were great because of the diversity, and they had some incredible time changes and solos. What I love is the song structure and guitar work. I hate some of the mixing since the drums are too low. I would tell others to buy this record by contacting the band www.myspace.com/elctrikchair. If it was stolen I would rebuy it for sure. // 10

Comments