Fire Review

9.1
 8.4
 9.7
Fire Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 18, 2003

Sound: This album is very disco rock, with humor. Some amazing guitar solos, riffs, drum, fills etc. Some songs are quite serious but others are funny but quite rockin. // 10

Lyrics: Dick Valentine has great voice but I feel that sometimes the lyrics are a bit too poor to deserve a excellent rating. The lyrics fit very well with the instruments. // 8

Overall Impression: I love this album because it is very,very rocking. However I would never have bought this if I hadn't seen them live. Their guitarists do some interesting riffs and solos, same goes for all the band they have certain songs where each instrument stands out alot from the rest. The most impressive song is probably she's white. // 10

Fire Reviewed by: roblovestunes, on may 04, 2004

Sound: The sound on this album is outstanding, the detroit rockers cetrainly live up to their name on their debut attempt at makign a record, the song titles include 'Gay Bar' and 'Naked Pictures (of your mother).' But don't be fooled, this album truly is brillant. The wrenching distorion and heavy riffs express clearly that these guys know how to play their instruments and they entertain you as much on a CD as they would live. Why bend a note, when you can break its neck? Right? this album is a must to anyones collection. // 10

Lyrics: A man by the name of Dick Valentine telling you he wants to insert something about your person and bragging about naked picture of your mother isn't exactly something youd like to hear shouted at you across the street, but somehow he manages to get away with it, how? By simply not caring. Screams, high notes and insults all on one record. // 10

Overall Impression: Amazing! You only have to hear tracks like Gay Bar and Naked Pictures to make you giggle and tracks like dance commander, shes white and I'n the bomb to make you rock, and just when you think these boiys are capable of nothing else. The closing track of the album 'Synthesizer' is guaranteed to get lighters in the air. Superb. // 10

Fire Reviewed by: Abe, on july 23, 2003

Overall Impression: I've read a lot of reviews ( by 'proffesionals') which bad mouth this album and compare it to Andrew WK's I Get Wet, on the grounds that it split the critics. I have notice one small difference - Andrew WK's album was crap and this ROCKS. I bought having only heard the two singles despite the dodgy reviews and I'm really glad. All of the songs are great, theyre all catchy and many of them are humerous. If you liked the singles but are in two minds about buying the album because they seem like a comedy one hit wonder band, I suggest you buy it. // 10

Fire Reviewed by: refusedparty, on february 27, 2005

Sound: 'Fire' is Electric Six's 2003 debut album that saw crash into the public consciousness through the help of novelty singles 'Danger! High Voltage!' and 'Gay Bar'. Don't be fooled though, this album is very, very good! First of all, the sound is top notch all the way through, from the crushing riff of 'Dance Commander' to the swirling electronics of 'Synthesizer', the sound quality never falls below five out of five. The volume is loud enough, the vocals are great and the guitars roar! // 10

Lyrics: I think vocalist Dick Valentine is probably the most talented singer in modern music. His voice is a brilliant mix of Bono and Stevie Ray Vaughan, and never falters on this album. The lyrics he writes are also funny as hell. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, for me this was the highlight of 2003. The only other album that comes to close to beating this amazing album is the follow up, 'Senor Smoke', but that doesn't really count as it is the same band! The best songs that you really must download now are the brilliant 'Dance Commander', 'Improper Dancing', 'I'm The Bomb' and the awesome 'Synthesizer'. You might not believe if you've heard any of Electric Six's singles, but 'Synthesizer' is probably one of the most aweinspiring songs I've ever heard. It never fails in making me sing along. If it were stolen I'd buy it again, it is simply that good. // 10

Fire Reviewed by: Panny180, on november 26, 2004

Sound: When my brother bought this album, I was slightly exited as I'd heard Danger High Voltage and Dance Commander which were OK. After listening to the whole album I can safely say that they suck. The sound of the band is nothing special. They attempt to cover a lack of skill with sound and crappy sounding "I'm pop, however I want to rock" riffs. This can be novel at first; however after prolonged exposure you feel like putting a gun barrel to you're mouth and painting the wall behind you in red. There are precious few innovations to this album and precious few bits that I like. I feel the bin is too great an honor for this insult to music. Danger high voltage is what got this album a 2. // 4

Lyrics: Overall impression of lyrics? They sound as if they'd been copied of a random rhyme generator and then tacked on to the decrepit train of horrors that is the "Music". Usually, I don't pay much attention to lyrics; however the singer doesn't do much to improve the album. He sings like he's had a cactus pushed up his ass as he suffers from mega ber constipation. He has no idea what the lyrics mean because he didn't write any of them. None of what they sing about is funny or clever. I'd say I was disappointed; however I wasn't expecting anything from this band. // 2

Overall Impression: I would like to stress that I was not the idiot who bought this insult to music. I wouldn't buy this album if they paid Britney Spears to. Well maybe I would, however I wouldn't pay for the pleasure. At the moment, this album is rotting in my cupboard. I'll use it as a shovel for the gardening that I'm too disgusted (and lazy) to do. // 2

More Electric Six reviews rating latest review