And The Land Of Fake Believe Review

eleventyseven: And The Land Of Fake Believe
Release Date: May 16, 2006
Label: Flicker
Genres: Rock
Addictive melodies and deeper than expected lyrics, Eleventyseven's debut packs a pure pop punch.
 9.5
 8.9
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
And The Land Of Fake Believe Reviewed by: punkrockdude2, on june 13, 2006

Sound: The sound of this album is pretty dang cool. This band's sound is really great. It's a copy of the old Blink 182 tone, that pop-punk distortion. You know, where chrods like 3X5 sound cool. There bass player Caleb, who I've met, has really cool Mark Hoppus type bass line where he uses the D and G strings more than the E and A. Some of the songs even have a cool little '80s keyboard which is really cool. This is a 3 peice band and they sound awesome live. They are all nice guys and they are a on a christain rock label but don't let that fool you they know how to rock and have a good time. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of this album are astounding. They really are that good. Matt is a great singer. 01. More Than A Revolution - this song has great lyrics about how everything is all the same and how something more than a revolution needs to replace whats going on. 02. Stellar Sayonara - this is a good song about how Matt is fed up with all these whiney bands these days complaining about how they lost a girlfriend. It's about getting over it and just living your life. 03. Nostalgiatopia - title explains itself. 04. MySpace - this song is about how people on MySpace are fake and most of the time hardly ever tell the truth about themselves. 05. Here With You - song about loving God. 06. The Unicorn Revolt - this song is about how breaking up shouldnt be that sad because God will always be there with you no matter what. 06. Anti-Adieu - this is an awesome mosh song. Yeah we moshed at a christain concert. This is about letting your girlfriend be the only thing on your mind. 07. Odd's And Even So's - this song is about a girl who nobody understands. 08. Teenage Heartbreak - this is my faveorite song about once again about how you shouldn't let heartbreak ruin your life. "Teenage heartbreak never hurt so bad" kind of like Unicorn Revolt. 09. Yesterday's Glues - this is just a cool mellow song. Probally be great as acoustic. 10. Reach That Far - this song is all about god it is an amazing a must listen for anyone who loves God. // 10

Overall Impression: This cd is a great debut album of a small punk band from South Carolina. They play a great live show and they rock a lot. The best songs on this album are: More Than A Revolution, Nostalgitopia, Teenage Heartbreak, Reach That Far. I loved everything about this CD and hated that it was short but I still loved it. If it were lost or stolen I would go buy it again and I have it signed by the band 'cause I went to the CD release party and got them to sign it. They were awesome live if you get a chance to check them out you should. // 10

More Eleventyseven reviews rating latest review
+ Galactic Conquest 6.8 09/19/2007