Soundtrack To A Headrush Review

artist: emanuel date: 12/09/2005 category: compact discs
emanuel: Soundtrack To A Headrush
Released: Mar 15, 2005
Genre: Rock
There is no specific sound to speak of - this is the kind of album that immediately sets off a game of guess the influence.
 9.8
 9.5
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Soundtrack To A Headrush Reviewed by: BassBeats098, on may 02, 2005

Sound: Emanuel has a very unique sound and power to the band. The singer has a very good voice and he ranges from singing slow songs to screaming whole songs. Emanuel has two guitarists, one bassist and a drummer, which is enough to create their powerful sound. The beginning song (The Hey Man) is a fast paced, loud screamed song, which is a great way to start the album. // 10

Lyrics: As I stated before, the singer of Emanuel has a very unique voice which and has awesome screaming skills. Some of my favorite lyrics are in the song "The Willing," which you may have seen the music video of on Fuse or MTV2. Not only does he sing well, but he writes very cool lyrics which you can easily understand. Some of my favorite lyrics are on the song "Breathe Underwater." "My friends can't breathe underwater I guess they have weak lungs." // 10

Overall Impression: Some of my favorite bands are My Chemical Romance, The Used, Billy Talent, and Underoath, and Emanuel is probably one of my new favorites. I love the CD because the lead singer doesn't just scream the whole CD or just sing the whole CD, it's a very balanced out album. My favorite songs on the album would have to be The Hey Man, The Willing, Make Tonight, Soundtrack To A Headrush, Breathe Underwater, and The New Violence. The other songs are still good, but these songs are the most catchy. If I were to lose this CD, I would probably buy it again, even though I got this copy for $1.93 (I had a 15 dollar coupon at samgoody). // 10

Soundtrack To A Headrush Reviewed by: telephonic_sex, on december 09, 2005

Sound: Very unique. Their music has power and energy. Great everything. My guitar tyeacher helps me learn their songs, and listening to their CD makes me want to learn bass too. they juat have an overall really really great sound. I absolutely love them. I read the other review on them, and I'm trying not to re-state everything he/she said, but that's really hard because like they said, Emanuel are just great-sounding and origional. // 10

Lyrics: Really great, and again origional. Singer can sing in different ways and scream and just has a good voice. They're not out there just writing all those songs every other band does that says "Omg my girlfriend just dumped me. Omg I want to kill myself now I'm so broken hearted omg." // 10

Overall Impression: When my best friend first told me I should listen to Emanuel (she introduces me to a bunch of different bands) she said that sounded like underoath, who were then my favorite band. Now it's Emanuel, Underoath hands down (they're my top 2). I don't really think emanuel really sound too much like underoath (though underoath are origional too). My favorite songs are Hey Man!, Buy American Machines, The Willing, Soundtrack To A Headrush, Hotline, and The New Violence. And the whole rest of the CD. It's really a great CD and it's hard to pick a favorite song. I would buy it if it were lost 100 times over 'cause it's great. // 10

More Emanuel reviews rating latest review
+ Black Earth Tiger 6.5 03/13/2008