The Eminem Show Review

6.1
 5.1
 7.1
The Eminem Show Reviewed by: ibanez6soad, on february 09, 2004

Sound: I was curious to see what made rap popular when I took a listen to my brothers copy of "The Eminem Show." After I listened to it, I was surprised. I grew respect for rap. I was also curious to see if they would actually post a rap revue on a guitar site. The music on this album is very well done. Great studio work was put into this album. For some good examples of the musical quality of the music Eminem raps too, listen to "Cleanin' Out My Closet" and "Hailie's Song." I rated this CD based on a different kind of scale. I was looking for background music that would be good even without Eminem rapping to it. With some of the songs on this CD, you can tell what it's about and get almost the same feeling from the music without the raps. I did not rate this on instrumental quality. // 8

Lyrics: I cannot even believe people can say this guy sucks. His lyrics are so honest and he words them so well. He's incredible. He tends to tell to much in some of his songs, and I once again reference "Cleanin' Out My Closet" and "Hailie's Song," getting a bit too deep into his personal life than his audience should be. But that is what makes his lyrics so great. His songs have a lighter side too, and can be pretty funny. But even in these "lighter side" songs such as "Without Me," he is still giving out his F*** you's. Don't even try to question this guys talent and bravery. // 10

Overall Impression: Maybe you shouldn't buy this CD if you're a rock fan. It doesn't do the same to me that rock does. It does something though. There was one song that I just hated, and that was "Superman." I advise you not to listen to that song. Plus, some of the skits were pretty confusing. But otherwise, great rap CD. Never before have I heard such personal, heartfelt, and honest music. // 8

The Eminem Show Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 08, 2004

Sound: It really sucked, Eminem is a sellout prat and the only reason he aint already dead and rotting in white trash hell, is that Dr Dre pulled his arse off the barbique, the music was weak his voice is possibly the single most annoying in the world, next to Justin Hawkins, his sorry ass should not even be included in this list next to gods like Ozzy, Sabbath, Led Zep and when I first saw that arseholes name I thought I would vomit blood! As usual in this cow patt album the same simple tune is played over and over and over! The only other thing I would like to add is that Eminem should be taken out back and shot like a dog that got out of hand! // 2

Lyrics: His lyrics suck almost as much as he does, is it me or is everyone sick to friggin death of hearin this bleach blond bone head wineing about his mum? He needs to talk to his mum and spare us from anther attempt at singing from his mum. What the hell was that about? Anyway in short I hate the dick, his singing skills are non exsistant. // 2

Overall Impression: It does not compare to my CD`s because I don't have this shower of shit cd. I don't want to answer any more of these dumbass questions beacause if I answered them I mite get arrested! One thing I would do is steal it from someone just to destroy it! // 2

The Eminem Show Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 25, 2005

Sound: The sound of The Eminem Show is alright, I guess. I think the country styled chorus of Sing For The Moment is good, you don't see on any other hip-hop albums. With Out Me however is just boring, repetitive and made purely to sell to children who watch MTV too much. With The Marshall Mathers LP, Eminem was crowned a lyrical genius, proving that he and Dr. Dre can create a powerfully moving album, that provoked so many feelings. Disgust & laughter at the satiracle and politically incorrect humor. // 6

Lyrics: I am primarily a fan of rock music. From Korn & Slipknot to the Goo Goo Dolls and the Counting Crows. I am also however a fan of some hip-hop music. 2pac, the Outlawz and even some D12. You'll find that these rappers have a variety of different styles. From gangsta rap songs where they will disrespect others with a wit that most people who are into rock music don't appreciate. And songs about issues, such as drugs, teen pregnancy and racism. I did not find any of these respectable aspects of 'real' hip-hop music anywhere on this CD. Eminem has become an anoying pop idol. He is a lame comedy rapper, his lyrics are no longer clever and on his songs he just basically says jokes about people that everybody has already said or heard. Here is an extract of Eminem, as the lyrical genius on the song Who Knew, off the Marshall Mathers LP, when he still showed talent. // 4

Overall Impression: This album didn't even deserve an average rating of 3. I have never been an Eminem fan really and I was disapointed. So for eminem fans it must have been horrible. The most impressive song on the CD would have to be Cleaning Out My Closet. I did not have this CD, but listened to a friend's copy. It is a boring album and will hopefully never be known contributing anything to hip-hop music history let alone music in general. // 4

More Eminem reviews rating latest review
+ The Marshall Mathers LP 2 7.5 11/05/2013