Sessions For Robert Johnson Review

eric clapton: Sessions For Robert Johnson
Released: Dec 7, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Adult Contemporary, Blues-Rock, British Blues
It appears that Eric Clapton had more Robert Johnson in his blood than he thought ? or perhaps it was planned this way.
 9.3
 8.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Sessions For Robert Johnson Reviewed by: CkY freak, on january 04, 2005

Sound: I am a huge Eric Clapton fan, I have always loved his stuff, and always will, all of his albums have bene great, and this one is no exception. This CD is awsome, I love it to death, Eric Clapton plays really good blues on this record, which are covers by Robert Johnson, the whole band has a great sound including Billy Preston on keyboard/piano, Andy Fairweather Low on guitar, and Nathan East on bass, with other great players. Some of my favorite songs are Sweet Home Chicago and Kind Hearted Women Blues. // 10

Lyrics: Eric Clapton has an amazing voice, I think he has one of the best voices ever in rock. Not much to say here except that the lyrics are amazing and that eric doesn't hold back when he sings on this record, he hits high and low notes, he is an amazing singer. // 10

Overall Impression: I think this is a great great CD done by Eric Clapton, I love the blues licks and riffs. Eric's solos are probably what I love the most about this record, he plays with speed, and plays absolutely amazing, if it were stolen or lost, I would defeinately buy it again, it is the best CD of 2004 in my opinion, I highly reccomend this CD to any Eric Clapton/blues/Robert Johnson fan. Track listings: 01. Sweet Home Chicago 02. Milkcow's Calf Blues 03. Terraplane Blues 04. If I Had A Possession Over Judgement Day 05. Stop Breakin' Down Blues 06. Little Queen Of Spades 07. Traveling Riverside Blues 08. Me And The Devil Blues 09. From Four Until Late 10. Kind Hearted Women Blues 11. Ramblin On My Mind // 10

More Eric Clapton reviews rating latest review