Eve 6 Review

eve 6: Eve 6
Released: April 28, 1998
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Post-Grunge
Eve 6 shows enormous potential for a debut, especially when the trio's age is factored into account.
 9.1
 8.7
 9.5
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Eve 6 Reviewed by: canucksrule, on june 03, 2004

Sound: For a debut album, this is really quite good. I can't really describe the sound better than alternative rock, as they really don't sound like too many other bands. Granted, there are no solos worthy of mention of this disk (or that I can remember), but songs like "Inside Out" and "Leech" produce great sounds that I can remember to this day. The music is wonderful for a debut album, though it could have been better. // 8

Lyrics: Once again, I must emphasize that Max Collins' lyrics are the highlight of Eve 6. Every single song sounds like they actually took time to make decent lyrics, unlike some new age bands. They all have deep meanings, which are easily understandable, yet people can relate to them. The lyrics are awesomely awesome. // 10

Overall Impression: I don't really think Eve 6 compares to anyone except for themselves. Which really doesn't make much sense, but they aren't really like many other bands. The best song off the album is "Inside Out", but people may be disappointed after that. I also like "Leech", "Showerhead", and "Open Road Song", but these all took a few listens. It's worth buying, though I probably wouldn't go out and buy it again if it was lost since I am on a tight budget. // 8

More Eve 6 reviews rating latest review