It's All in Your Head Review

eve 6: It's All in Your Head
Released: July 22, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Post-Grunge, Punk-Pop
It boasts smart and clever lyrics, charging guitars, and astute musicianship.
 9.2
 8.7
 9.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
It's All in Your Head Reviewed by: canucksrule, on june 03, 2004

Sound: Eve 6 continued their with their alternative rock sound on this album, and most songs are very good. The first single, "Think Twice", is a fantastic song that really shows off what made Eve 6 in the first place. However, songs like "Hey Montana" just aren't Eve 6 and belong more to a country band. Well actually theres only one of those, but there are a couple of not-too-great songs. // 8

Lyrics: I think that lyrics are definately the strong-point of Eve 6. Max Collins (the lead singer) is, in my opinion, one of the strongest lead singers in the world of alternative rock today. His lyrics are continually well written, and there was no change in that trend with this album. Overall, they were very well done. // 10

Overall Impression: This album was quite a change from Horroscope, as it seemed to have a little darker and heavier sound to it. I love "Think Twice" as well as "Friend of Mine". They are both great songs. I suppose I have many better albums than this, but these guys are one of the only alternative rock bands I listen to. It was fairly good, but nothing ground-breaking. // 8

More Eve 6 reviews rating latest review