Sparkle And Fade Review

everclear: Sparkle And Fade
Released: May 23, 1995
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hard Rock, Alternative Pop/Rock, Grunge
Everclear's major-label debut is a tough, melodic set of gnarled post-punk hard rock.
 9.8
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Sparkle And Fade Reviewed by: blink182tomf1, on june 01, 2005

Sound: My impression on the bands sound and music is very good but kind of depressing. It is kind of depressing because all the lyrics are about people with fatal adictions and the down side life. But overall it was good. The styles that they use of playong are very diffrent which makes them good. Some songs are mello and others and hard rock. // 10

Lyrics: I absolutally loved the lyrics of Sparkle And Fade. The lyrics are one of the things that make there cd great. The lyrics had alot of teenage spirit in them. No offence to the lead singer but his singing skills are not the best. They are very raspy and horse but they are still my favorite band even though his voice is not the best. // 10

Overall Impression: They are very diffrent from other bands because they have very diffrent lyrics. But the sound is the same as most other artisrts and of there other CDs. I think the most impressive song on the album was Straberry. By that song it thought it was not glorifying the reason of drugs just showing what happens. I love Everclear for there lyrics and there sound. If it were stolen I would defenetlly by a new one! // 10

More Everclear reviews rating latest review
+ Welcome To The Drama Club 8.5 09/18/2006