Bad Habits Review

every avenue: Bad Habits
Released: Aug 2, 2011
Genre: Alternative Rock, Pop Punk, Pop Rock
Label: Fearless
Every Avenue is, and always will be a definite in the pop-punk category. This album proved that their maturity has been raised even higher than their previous album.
 6.3
 9.3
 3.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Bad Habits Reviewed by: vppark2, on august 03, 2012

Sound: Every Avenue is, and always will be a definite in the pop-punk category. This album proved that their maturity has been raised even higher than their previous album (not to say that album was bad). I liked their last album, but this one just proved to have even more heartfelt songs, and not many pop-punk bands do this nowadays, so it's a pleasure to have these guys to listen to. One thing that I will say about the sound of this album is that the EQ seems a bit messed up for me. The vocals are not quite level with the instruments, so it seems as if the instruments almost seem to override the lead singer's voice, but its not that bothersome. I just noticed it a bit, so it's just a little thing. // 9

Lyrics: What can I say? This album was full of pure heartfelt lyrics that made me want to sing my heart out every time I listened to it. "Falls Apart" is definitely a great example, "I want you to fall apart like I did. You to hurt for all of this. All the pain you put me through. I wanna hear you say. I don't deserve you. Fall apart like I did. You to hurt for all of this. All the pain you put me through. I wanna hear you say. I don't deserve you. Fall apart." I remember listening to this song soooo many times quite a few months ago after a tragic incident I had with this one girl I fell too much for. Needless to say, this song made me feel so much better, and I knew she had not felt the same way as I had, and it just made me think, "Wow, some girls just don't realize..." I also had seen the music video soon after, and thought, "Wow, this is like a movie!" "Falls Apart" is one of those heartfelt songs on the album, but there are also some fun ones like "Hit Me Where It Hurts The Most". Lyrics go, "Hit me where it hurts the most. Break me down to the bone. You wouldn't be the first, It can't get any worse, Just hit me where it hurts the most." This song is just great to rock out to, but also stays in the chill zone at the same time. What I mean by that is that these types of songs are songs that you can listen to with just about anyone. No, really, you should try it. Okay, maybe not for all of the mainstream hip-hop fans out there because that's all they care about, but for the most part these are great songs to listen to to just about any girl, whether a friend or a special one. Also, I absolutely love the lyrics that go with "Only Place I Call Home". // 10

Overall Impression: Just an outstanding record in my book. I love the heartfelt lyrics, and honestly I think everyone needs to listen to something like this more often (yes, I'm looking at all of you metalheads). David's vocals are quite incredible on his lows and highs, and he plays piano fantastically too! It's nice to see a band like this around, and this is for anyone that likes music like this. I'd compare it to Mayday Parade, and Yellowcard. Overall, solid effort, and I cannot wait for their future releases to come. // 9

More Every Avenue reviews rating latest review