Bonded By Blood Review

exodus: Bonded By Blood
Release Date: 1985
Label: Combat
Genres: Thrash, Speed Metal, Heavy Metal
Bonded By Blood is an album whose influence far exceeds its actual notoriety, and it remains a crucial piece of the thrash metal puzzle ? essential.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.7
 9.9
 9.4
Bonded By Blood Reviewed by: WeirdMariachi, on february 11, 2006

Sound: One of favorite thrash bands! This is what thrash metal is all about, this album would have been like "Kill 'Em All" and "Show No Mercy" if it would have been released abit earlier. Other than that, these guys are kings of thrash. Although most of the tracks are fast some are kinda slow. But they are still good. Gary Holt and Rick Hunolt are just as good as Hammet and Hetfield, if not better. I love the razor fast riffs and the tempo changes. Gotta love the acoustic intro to "No Love." This is just aching to be played loud. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics, well it seems like Paul Baloff was one angry guy. Since some of the lyrics do have to do with violence. // 9

Overall Impression: The best songs on this CD have to be Bonded By Blood, and then there were none, a lesson in violence and strike of the beast. Like all the other early thrash releases it also has that raw sound to it, which really goes with this kind of music. The only thing I don't like is that you never even hear the bass. Other then that great debut from the Bay Area thrashers. // 10

Bonded By Blood Reviewed by: Rattlehead666, on november 03, 2005

Sound: This is the debut album of one of the greatest thrash metal bands ever which is Exodus. If you just started to listen to metal you might propely be more familar with the albums Tempo Of The Damned or Shovel Head Kill Machine but this album is one million times better than those two albums put together. The music is so fast and crazy. I can't believe that kirk Hammet left Exodus and now Exodus is like way more popular than Metallica. The song Bonded By Blood is one of my favorite songs by Exodus. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics to me are no different than any of the four original Metallica or Megadeth albums which means that they are good. The lyrics fit the music perfect and the lyrics and the music are so complexed. // 10

Overall Impression: This is just as good as Metallica or Megadeth. Exodus to me is underated a little. They are like five times better than anything you hear on television or the radio. The most impressive song on this album to me is Strike Of The Beast. I hope that Exodus plan on releasing more albums like a year or two in the future seeing that they just released Shovel Head Kill Machine. // 10

More Exodus reviews rating latest review
+ Force Of Habit 7.4 02/05/2013