Force Of Habit Review

exodus: Force Of Habit
Released: Aug 17, 1992
Genre: Thrash Metal
Label: Capitol
"Force Of Habit" is definitely different from the usual Exodus albums. However, this is the only one of two Exodus albums to get a high ranking on the Billboards.
 7.4
 7.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Force Of Habit Reviewed by: Brotherbrodude, on february 05, 2013

Sound: This is probably one of very few up-beat metal albums. "Force Of Habit" is definitely different from the usual Exodus albums. They had a more happy sense I would like to say, on this album. In my opinion, not as good as it's two predecessors, "Impact Is Imminent" or "Fabulous Disaster". Also not as good as the album to come after it, "Tempo Of The Damned". However, this is the only one of two Exodus albums to get a high ranking on the Billboards. It's also the only Exodus album with a different logo. Although a lot is different, the sound is still pretty fast and pretty solid. Also, almost all of the tracks are figures of speech, like "Thorn In My Side". // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics were pretty good. While most of the songs are figures of speech, the lyrics accurately describe that figure of speech. "Like Good Day To Die" is about suicide. The singing skills are pretty good, the usual Steve Souza. The lyrics and vocals come together well, even with that jazz beat on a lot of the songs. While the album does include two covers, "B-tch" by The Rolling Stones and "Pump It Up" by Elvis Castello, the singing still fits really well with the music. Some of the singing doesn't even really sound like Souza at first. Like the verses of "Good Day To Die". // 7

Overall Impression: Not as good as other Exodus albums in my opinion, however, it was still pretty good. Definitely some good songs like "B-tch", "Thorn In My Side", "Me Myself And I", "When It Rains It Pours", etc. But this wasn't really a cornerstone Exodus album like "Fabulous Disaster", so it didn't attract much attention. I love how they embarked in a different direction for this album, what I didn't like was the direction they decided to take. While it was an experimental root for Exodus, they just really don't need to be around the whole jazz, upbeat sound that they obtained here. I would buy this again, but more or less for the sake of a CD collection.

// 8

More Exodus reviews rating latest review
+ Pleasures Of The Flesh 8.2 02/04/2013