Pleasures Of The Flesh Review

8.7
 7.8
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Pleasures Of The Flesh Reviewed by: Brotherbrodude, on february 04, 2013

Sound: The second album by Bay Metal thrash masters, Exodus and the first album to feature Steve "Zetro" Souza on vocals. The album has that old fast, bad sound quality, thrash feel that all true metal heads enjoy. This album is a good "bridge" album. A bridge album is basically an album that does a good job of paving the way for the next album. In this case, the next album would be Fabulous disaster, which was a phenomenal album. While the album may not have been a Billboard topper like "Tempo Of The Damned" or "Force Of Habit", "Pleasures Of The Flesh" was still pretty damn good. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on the album were not bad. They were better than decent, but not great. The speed singing of Souza and the fast paced riffs of Holt and Hunolt, mix pretty well. They blend, and even with the bad sound quality of 1987, it still sounds pretty good. The singers skills are pretty good. Steve has always been my favorite Exodus frontman, his lyrics are great on other albums with songs like "Scar Spangled Banner". His skills are better than Gene Baloff, my opinion. The lyrics and vocals on this album, are overall pretty good. Could be better, but they could be worse. // 8

Overall Impression: This isn't the BEST Exodus album, but not the worst in my opinion. I will admit that, and I am a dedicated Exodus fan. I've been listening to Exodus since I was about 2 years old. The best songs on the album are probably "Parasite", "Brain Dead", "30 Seconds", "Chemi-Kill", and "Seeds Of Hate". I love a lot about this album. There are a few things I don't like, such as the sound quality. But that can't be helped. I would buy this again if I lost it. For one, I have a massive CD collection to maintain, and two, I just love these guys and would buy it again. I recommend this and other Exodus albums to any fans of Testament, Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Sepultura, etc. // 9

More Exodus reviews rating latest review
+ Blood In, Blood Out 7.9 10/22/2014