Shovel Headed Tour Machine Review

6.8
 7.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Shovel Headed Tour Machine Reviewed by: Deathhead93, on september 16, 2011

Sound: The instrumental sound is great, but Dukes keeps headbanging and singing at the same time for a lot of the songs and it sounds terrible. I don't mind his voice, I've even seen them live. The Limited version comes with a cd, DVD and a documentary. The documentary is quite interesting. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics are standard thrash lyrics i.e the government sucks, drugs etc. The singer is normally good live, but headbanging and singing at the same time is a bad combination and therefore it sounds bad. Ok so I need to write some more stuff here. The singing was good when Dukes wasn't headbanging or jumping around while singing which is major parts of most songs. // 5

Overall Impression: As I said, the instrument and drum sound is great, a few songs have good singing in them "Strike Of The Beast" as an example, which is good because I hate it when bands destroy my favorite song live. The most impressive song is Strike Of The Beast, it's got that Let There Be Blood sound to it (I did not hate that CD but I prefer the original 20 times over it). If it was stolen or lost I would probably not buy a new one because it wasn't that great. // 7

More Exodus reviews rating latest review
+ Force Of Habit 7.4 02/05/2013